Can Arkansas Upset Mississippi State?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That's why they play the games.

CAN they? Yes.

Would I bet on it? Strangely enough....it would NOT surprise me if MSU lost based on their history. This is a team that historically somehow loses games to teams it should beat after beating teams it should lose to. They have a LONG history of this. Now granted......history is not exactly a reliable guide since each team is different. And since they had a scare last week on the road, I actually think they'll be sharper. Odds would be better if they had us at BDS the FOLLOWING week rather than 2 weeks later.

And then there's the pressure of being number one. Nobody can quantify that.

I think MSU will win but I think it will be closer than a lot of folks think. Arkansas sometimes comes up big at the strangest times (another history reference).

State will win a close one - kept close because Arky holds the ball and shortens the game.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
What does it say about college football when ms. St is no.1.if ever there was a more beatable no 1 st is it. st is limping along like everyone else. The hogs will be highly motivated, this may make their season. They got a shot and I wouldn't be surprised if they win.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I could see MSU overlooking them a bit and Dak is a bit dinged up. I dunno, I wouldn't put money on Arkansas seeing how they're 0fer SEC the last few seasons. Guess they've gotta win one conference game some day.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
We need MSU to win. We want them to be undefeated and #1 when we kick their ... at home.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Why would we want this. We need miss st keeping that number one spot until we play
The more SEC teams with one or two losses at the end will muck all of this up.let them lose. If we win out, we should be in, but the teams ahead of us and right below need to lose as often as possible. If we end up with five 2 loss teams, even LSU can make it to the SEC CG.

Let them lose now

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
A one loss Ol Ms team would go ahead of us to the CG because they beat us, if they and us win out. Or am I wrong?
They already have one loss, so if they lose again and we win out, we're in.

That's why we need Auburn to beat them and it doesn't matter if MSU wins out or not. Win the West and we're on our way no matter what.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I rather that Auburn wins this week and has a higher ranking when we play them, than ole Miss winning and us hoping for Arky and MSU to get them.

back to origninal topic. I think arky will probably have the same troubles they did against Georgia this week. Arky while improved, just isnt ready to deal with the SEC west this year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Arkansas has been so close this year... They need a momentum change to build on for next year. This is the game to do so. Arkansas wins this one, and its a gamechanger for the team going forth. It'll be close, but I'm pulling for Arkansas...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Arky's not too far from being competitive again. Beliema's a little bit of a buffoon on a personal level, but he's a good coach. I don't think they're ready to beat a good solid team like State yet, though.
I still shake my head at this...who would have ever thought 1) we'd be calling State a good solid team (save the Jackie years) and 2) they'd be #1? I think we truly are in the end times.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.