Can Arkansas Upset Mississippi State?

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
I think the best scenario for us is if Miss St is undefeated coming into Bryant Denny. Could ARKY beat Miss St? Maybe. But I think we should be pulling for MSU to pull one out and have to come into Tuscaloosa as the number 1 team in the nation. That game would be intense, especially if we can find a way to win next week at LSU.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
The more SEC teams with one or two losses at the end will muck all of this up.let them lose. If we win out, we should be in, but the teams ahead of us and right below need to lose as often as possible. If we end up with five 2 loss teams, even LSU can make it to the SEC CG.

Let them lose now
That's my point. Why would we not want to be the team that gives the #1 school it's only loss. Auburn beats ol miss, we win out. That's what would be ideal

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I am pulling for the piggies. I really think it would be better for us if the piggies took it into overtime. I also believe that we just need to win out. If we win out, and Ole Mi$$ wins out, no we do not make it to the SEC Championship game. However, we would have a really impressive resume' for the committee. Especially if Ole Mi$$ lost to the dogs. Remeber, we only have to be in the top (4) to have a chance for the National Championship. And, that is all that really matters. JMHO

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
It really doesn't help us if MSU loses as long as Ole Miss loses. Good thing, too, because they are going to win.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Could they? Yes. Will they? No.

Mississippi State's defense is most susceptible to the pass, and I don't think Arkansas has the prowess to take advantage. I think if they can keep the possession time in their favor, and Dak plays poorly due to nagging injury, they could have a punchers chance. Other then that, I don't see this as much of a game.
True, but they haven't played a team that runs the ball like the hogs who, IMO, are the best rushing team in the SEC (I don't care about stats, I know what I see on the field). MSU will not stop them; only question is whether they can score enough to beat them. If it were in Fayetteville I'd take the hogs, straight up; but in Starknuts, I think MSU escapes. It will be close IMO, 7 points or less. DP will get rocked again, and I don't know how much more pounding he can take before he is unable to play.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Just a thought: if State is undefeated/ranked #1 in a few weeks when they come to Tuscaloosa, will Alabama be favored to win? I know we have been favored to win every game for like the past two seasons or something like that. Just curious what the opinions are on that.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Just a thought: if State is undefeated/ranked #1 in a few weeks when they come to Tuscaloosa, will Alabama be favored to win? I know we have been favored to win every game for like the past two seasons or something like that. Just curious what the opinions are on that.
Probably so, because Vegas does the point spreads, and the gaming lines do not have to reflect the rankings. More reflective of the better team.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The committee seems to be weighting quality wins.
Go State.

Yeah, they do. I have a little problem with that. I think a team that has played a mostly solid schedule and has to get up every week but doesn't have the big marquis games has it harder than a team that plays a soft schedule but has one or two really hard games.

I think Arky can beat state but probably will not . I hope not anyway.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
They are weighing quality wins>quality losses; not sure how "bad" losses figure in. But that is also where SoS comes in. That "quality" can change, especially over a two-three week stretch.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yeah, they do. I have a little problem with that. I think a team that has played a mostly solid schedule and has to get up every week but doesn't have the big marquis games has it harder than a team that plays a soft schedule but has one or two really hard games.

I think Arky can beat state but probably will not . I hope not anyway.
It is the one thing that makes it worth being in the SEC West.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Sheridan just said Bama is about a TD favorite over miss St. I don't want to see that increase, so I really, really hope State wins.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Because of the style of offense Arkansas plays, I can see the game being closer than most expect. But I don't think the Hogs can beat State in Starkville.
I'd think a score of 48-28 in all probability

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It would sure give me my laugh for the day. I don't think it's going to happen either, but we can dream, can't we?
And afterwards Beliema would turn the Gatorade into wine, and Barners would make a run to the local Walmart for toilet paper looking for something the roll.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.