Apple head declares he is gay...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
On Letterman, the joke was that Samsung declared that their CEO was fifty per cent more gay than Cook. :D Wonder if we'll continue to hearing the crowing from the barners about the Apple head being an AU grad... :)

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
On Letterman, the joke was that Samsung declared that their CEO was fifty per cent more gay than Cook. :D Wonder if we'll continue to hearing the crowing from the barners about the Apple head being an AU grad... :)
Jimmy Fallon made a similiar joke. I think his was that in 2 weeks the Samsung CEO will declare that he is even gayer.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Jimmy Fallon made a similiar joke. I think his was that in 2 weeks the Samsung CEO will declare that he is even gayer.
I do believe we'll be seeing a Mexican-born midget tranny named as CEO of one of the companies in the very near future.

Just being gay is so mainstream now.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If he is so proud of being gay, as he said when he came out officially, why did it take him over 50 years to admit it? The answers are obvious but I felt like his statement was disingenuous..

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If he is so proud of being gay, as he said when he came out officially, why did it take him over 50 years to admit it? The answers are obvious but I felt like his statement was disingenuous..
I don't think he ever denied it, and many people in Silicon Valley, all over the West Coast and most barners have known it for years. I knew he was with his speech in Mongtomery (Birmingham?) last week (this past week?); no need to poke Goobernor Bentley about being more tolerant of gays unless you are one.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I don't think he ever denied it, and many people in Silicon Valley, all over the West Coast and most barners have known it for years. I knew he was with his speech in Mongtomery (Birmingham?) last week (this past week?); no need to poke Goobernor Bentley about being more tolerant of gays unless you are one.
I tell people that they need to be more tolerant of gays and I'm not one.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This isn't even news to me - and I don't even pay close attention to who comes out or who heads what company.

A reporter outed him back in June when it was still a "secret."

Which sort of begs the question as to why he even thought this was a "secret" and thus had to "come out."

Anyone wanna bet someone was going to "out" him? That's what usually happens with these sudden rushes of conscience in the older people (complete with the over-compensating by referincing God) who suddenly come out.

I don't understand in this day and age why this is even a story worthy of mention (although I do thank Earle for starting the thread with the joke).

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I tell people that they need to be more tolerant of gays and I'm not one.
I meant in that situation - if you were given the same award he was and were not gay, would you have used that stage to say what he did? I don't think so...unless you had a social-political agenda.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Eventually this won't be a story. Why is it a story exactly? Does him being gay mess up the IOS 8 launch? If so, then it's a story. :)
True, but that cuts two ways.

Did the guy who YEARS AGO opposed gay marriage in California at Mozilla actually mess up anything at all except being on the so-called wrong side of a political issue YEARS ago? Did that actually affect the company?

No.

You'd be surprised at how few folks actually care who sleeps with whom so long as they're adults.

But so-called "tolerance" is a two-way street. And some of you need to learn there's a difference between tolerance and "endorsement," which is usually what the ruckus is about.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.