Off duty cop finds $125K and returns it to rightful owner

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/off-duty-cop-finds-125000-cash-middle-road-finds-owner-returns/

In other news, the IRS/DEA/ATF/FBI/DHS/USM/NSA/NPS/INS swoops in with a full SWAT team and confiscates $125K.
This cop did the right thing, and I applaud her. But you ought to "un-blue" that last statement, since it's an entirely plausible if not likely possibility. We've discussed civil forfeiture before on TF. John Oliver recently took a fantastic comedic but serious look at the issue on HBO. I won't link to it here due to language. But the clip is on youtube (search "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Civil Forfeiture (HBO)" ).

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This cop did the right thing, and I applaud her. But you ought to "un-blue" that last statement, since it's an entirely plausible if not likely possibility. We've discussed civil forfeiture before on TF. John Oliver recently took a fantastic comedic but serious look at the issue on HBO. I won't link to it here due to language. But the clip is on youtube (search "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Civil Forfeiture (HBO)" ).
Yep, I posted something a week or so again about civil forfeitures. It's ridiculous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.