CFP Poll is out (week 3 @ post 208)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: CFB top ten on Tuesday

I agree that FSU will jump MSU. Auburn at #3 and Oregon #4. Ole Miss has been eliminated and could lose out to Arkansas and MSU. Auburn will eliminate UGA leaving Mizzou to repeat in the SEC East.
1. fSU
2. MSU
3. Auburn
4. Oregon
5. Bama
6. TCU
7. K State
8. Baylor
9. tOSU
10. Mich State

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
CFB top ten on Tuesday

The committee has stated a number of times that each weeks poll will not be based off the previous week's poll. They will start from scratch each week so, I think there could be some surprises.

The FSU win was more impressive then MSU win so, I think the criminals will move to 1. I think the committee will punish us and the Spartans for having a bye and keep both teams where they are with TCU jumping us and KSU jumping the Spartans. Baylor squeaks into the top ten while Ole Miss and UGA fall behind almost every other one loss team, to around 14 or 15.

1 FSU
2 Miss State
3 AU
4 Oregon
5 TCU
6 Bama
7 KSU
8 Mich. St.
9 ND
10 Baylor

That's my guess.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
CFB top ten on Tuesday

If they go by what they say Bama stays put because they were idle. Then again, they've already proven they all a big damn bunch of liars. So I got nothing other than I'll be shocked if Bama nudges up.

MS St.
AU
FL St.
Oregon
TCU
Bama
Mich. St.
KSU
ND
AZ St.

I think it is just a matter of time before tOSU cracks the top 10. They're dying to do it. You know they are.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Bama will move to #5.

As Basket said, we are already in, practically speaking, because of the games ahead of us and controlling our destiny now.

It's just about winning...no easy task...but that's what it is RIGHT NOW STARTING WITH LSU.

Now, a couple of observations:

1. Mark May and Lou Holtz both have Bama in their top 4 at #3 and Auburn is one of the next 2 out. Holtz justified it saying he believes RIGHT NOW Bama is the best team in the country because they are the best defense in the country.

2. After watching FSU on Thursday night and MSU last night I think they are very beatable!

3. And, while everybody is concerned about Auburn, what I saw last night (defensively) is a team that will be lucky to hold Amari Cooper, Blake Sims and company to 40+ points. We may have to win the IB in a shoot-out, but I believe we can and will!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Lol @ OP thinking OM will be at #7. There won't be a 2 loss team in the top 10. Doesn't matter how "good" those losses are. There must be a penalty for losing..

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I agree that FSU will jump MSU. Auburn at #3 and Oregon #4. Ole Miss has been eliminated and could lose out to Arkansas and MSU. Auburn will eliminate UGA leaving Mizzou to repeat in the SEC East.
FLORIDA eliminated Georgia, Mizzou has a half game lead in the East.

tider70

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 15, 2013

Miss St
Florida St
Auburn
Oregon
TCU
Bama
Michigan St
Kansas St
Baylor
Notre Dame

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008

Ole Miss will drop to 14-15.
Miss St will stay #1
Bama will stay at 6 and get jumped by TCU

Miss st
FSU
AU
Oregon
TCU
Bama
Mich St
Kansas St
ND
Baylor

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

Please give justification for dropping Bama one or two places in the rankings/
Alabama had a buy week. Fsu was dropped this season without a loss, so when a team beats a ranked team while the other had a but, why not.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

We ll be 5 or 6th but It really doesn't matter anymore because if we win out we are in for sure with ole miss losing

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

1 Mississippi State8-0
2 Florida State8-0
3 Auburn7-1
4 Oregon8-1
5 Alabama7-1
6 Michigan State7-1
7 TCU 7-1
8 Kansas State7-1
9 Ole Miss7-2
10 Notre Dame7-1

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

With them starting each week (relatively) fresh, I think it shakes out like this...

1. FSU
2. Mississippi St.
3. Auburn
4. Oregon
5. TCU
6. Alabama
7. Kansas St.
8. Michigan St.
9. Baylor
10. Notre Dame

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

With the way the committee put emphasis on quality wins, I don't see how we move up a spot on a bye week. I think TCU will be ahead of us until we beat LSU.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

1. Miss St
2. FSU
3. Auburn
4. Oregon
5. TCU
6. Alabama
7. Kansas St.
8. Michigan St.
9. Baylor
10. Notre Dame

If TCU had lost, we would be #5

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

With them starting each week (relatively) fresh, I think it shakes out like this...

1. FSU
2. Mississippi St.
3. Auburn
4. Oregon
5. TCU
6. Alabama
7. Kansas St.
8. Michigan St.
9. Baylor
10. Notre Dame
This, except I don't see Baylor jumping Notre Dame.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Lou Holt and Mark May both said Alabama is the best team in the country but they can't rank them that way because of the loss.....take that FWIW. Kind of like Bo Wallace , Good Alabama is the best team in the nation, bad Alabama could lose to Arkansas or Tennessee. Never before seen this inconsistency in the program.

CFB final guys went on and on about the injuries to Ole Miss, Long said the Committee discussed Oregon's left tackle. I have yet to hear anyone talk about Alabama's injuries except Tom Luiginbill. I mean, starting left tackle , starting center, starting Jack backer, starting corner back, and on and on ......Bama may be the most banged up team in the country.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012

The problem with this new system is that it is completely subjective-- the committee members get to make it up as they go along. In order to think this can work you have to trust the committee and believe that none of them have an agenda. I don't know about you guys but I'm just not comfortable with that.

bama_at_uab

1st Team
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham

The problem with this new system is that it is completely subjective-- the committee members get to make it up as they go along. In order to think this can work you have to trust the committee and believe that none of them have an agenda. I don't know about you guys but I'm just not comfortable with that.
Agree, that's why the only way to be sure is to win the SEC championship. They'd have a hard time keeping an SEC champion out of it, that's for sure

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.