CFP Poll is out (week 3 @ post 208)

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Re: CFB top ten on Tuesday

The SEC "dominance" in the poll is waning due to us beating up on each other, as expected. Georgia's out of the top 4 picture now and Ole Miss will have to enjoy a miraculous climb to get in. If we win out--and I hope we do--I think it will be unlikely that any other SEC team gets in. MSST would be the only team with an outside chance, depending on their game vs. Ole Miss. Just an observation.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

The SEC "dominance" in the poll is waning due to us beating up on each other, as expected. Georgia's out of the top 4 picture now and Ole Miss will have to enjoy a miraculous climb to get in. If we win out--and I hope we do--I think it will be unlikely that any other SEC team gets in. MSST would be the only team with an outside chance, depending on their game vs. Ole Miss. Just an observation.
I think UGA's choke really hurt the conference.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Yeah this is what I figure. MStu will probably have to rely on a close defeat against us and Florida securing Muschamps job against Florida State to get in. I think its possible,but unlikely.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I think UGA's choke really hurt the conference.
I only agree if Mizzou wins the SECCG. It was only the West, and always will be for the near future in what people look at the SEC as in terms of power. It just seems like UGA beating Mizzou and Arkie made them semi respectable, but if anyone really looks at them they can make the conclusion that they are a middle of the pack team in the SEC. Ive always thought either Florida or Mizzou would win the east, but I am shocked at how inconsistent they both are but yet they are the favorites at this point.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Good, maybe everyone can stop complaining about TCU moving ahead of Bama this week...LOL!

Like everyone has said, keep winning out and we'll be okay. It looks like if Kansas st, Mich St and Arizona St... one of them wins out, they could slip past TCU. I don't care what anyone says about TCU, but its a tall order for them to really win out this year.

Top 4 is exactly where it needs to be at this point. They got this one right. We play MSU, Auburn in next few weeks. We win out, and we could be No. 1 or No. 2. Now, Duke.. if they beat FSU........ Oh, they're going to be in top 6. Ole Miss could come back in playoff.... just have to win out, but unlikely. Right now, Miss st and Alabama are favored.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

I don't see you passing us with a road win against LSU if we beat Utah on the road too. Both of those teams are right next to each other in the rankings, you would have to deliver a decisive smackdown and us just barely squeak out a win.
I really don't see why you think that, LSU is still a good team, they have only two losses. Auburn (they got the snot beat out of them at auburn, and a 5 point loss to the number one team, miss state.)

Everyone else they have beaten pretty well handedly. Can we say the same about Utah?

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
Re: CFP Poll is out

In college football I have learned almost nothing is impossible. But there are HIGH odds of there being many 2 loss teams and VERY FEW 1 loss teams, and no undefeated teams. If this happens, where do the chips fall. I don't think it's impossible for any team Mississippi State through LSU to get in at this point. Notre Dame (7-1) plays Arizona State (7-1), TCU (7-1) plays KState (7-1), Ohio State (7-1) plays Michigan State (7-1) and so on and so on.. How do these teams stack up against 2 loss teams like Ole Miss, Miss. State and Auburn when the dust settles? Going to be interesting..

**Personally hoping Auburn finishes with 3 losses though (Miss. State, UGA and Alabama) cause, hate those guys..**

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I don't see you passing us with a road win against LSU if we beat Utah on the road too. Both of those teams are right next to each other in the rankings, you would have to deliver a decisive smackdown and us just barely squeak out a win.
Depends,but what does it really matter if both Oregon and Bama win out because Bama would get the Sugar and Oregon would get the Rose anyway. Personally I think the top four should stay the same until next week when they can see #1 Msu @ #5 Bama, #2 FSU @ Miami, and #3 Auburn @ UGA. because that will be seperation saturday, if bama wins in Baton Rouge.

Last edited:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

I don't think Bama has ever beaten #1 at BDS. This could be a first. But LSU stands in the way. TCB just like Elvis.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

It is clear at this point that we will not get jumped by anyone unless we lose and not just anyone unless they lose.

Luck for us, we still play #1 and #3.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

If we do win out and go to the SECCG a win there won't really help us. If we lose that game would that knock us out? The SEC east champ will be a 3 or 4 loss team unless Mizzou sneaks in.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Only change I would make is have the barn and FSU swap places. Other than that I agree with the committee..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

If we do win out and go to the SECCG a win there won't really help us. If we lose that game would that knock us out? The SEC east champ will be a 3 or 4 loss team unless Mizzou sneaks in.
Most likely. Miss St would most likely take our spot if they are just a one loss team

B

BroadwayJoe777

Could some one tell me where they ranked LSU? LOL, I went to espn.com and all they showed were the top 6...Geez.

Thanks in advance.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I don't think Bama has ever beaten #1 at BDS. This could be a first. But LSU stands in the way. TCB just like Elvis.
Has Bama ever played a number one at BDS? ND maybe with Holtz? I can't remember....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.