CFP Poll is out (week 3 @ post 208)

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Re: CFP Poll is out

He'll probably retract that, but I will guarantee you that is what an awful lot of their fans, administrators and coaches believe the system was established to do. If they are left on the outside looking in this year, which I think is a definite possibility, they are going to act like someone stole something from them.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The Big-12, Pac-12, and SEC are all getting one bid. FSU may even get a bid with a loss over Ohio State tbqh. I don't see Baylor getting in due to a pathetic out of conference schedule.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

FSU, Big-12 Champ, Pac-12 Champ, SEC Champ will be the playoff.

I think FSU may still make it with a loss because I don't see Baylor getting the benefit of the doubt because of their terrible OOC schedule AND Ohio State's 1-loss record is lesser than FSU's.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

FSU, Big-12 Champ, Pac-12 Champ, SEC Champ will be the playoff.

I think FSU may still make it with a loss because I don't see Baylor getting the benefit of the doubt because of their terrible OOC schedule AND Ohio State's 1-loss record is lesser than FSU's.
So if Baylor wins the Big 12 they won't get in? Is that what you are saying?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I guess so. TCU is ranked higher right now, so I assume the h2h doesn't matter much to the committee.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Week 3 is released:
1 Mississippi State 9-0
2 Oregon 9-1
3 Florida State 9-0
4 TCU 8-1
5 Alabama 8-1
6 Arizona State 8-1
7 Baylor 8-1
8 Ohio State 8-1
9 Auburn 7-2
10 Ole Miss 8-2

bama_at_uab

1st Team
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham

Listening to Jeff Long on College Football Live, it sounded like one of the major factors they used, if not the most important factor, was top 25 wins.

bama_at_uab

1st Team
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham

Listening to Jeff Long on College Football Live, it sounded like one of the major factors they used, if not the most important factor, was top 25 wins.
Of course the obvious problem with that is it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. If LSU is worn out, has nothing to play for and loses in Fayetteville to an Arkansas team on the rise, they're likely to fall out of the top 25 and we would no longer have them as a top 25 win.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

I do: TCU. Said it before, and will continue to say it...............TCU has no business being part of the discussion.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Week 3 is released:
1 Mississippi State 9-0
2 Oregon 9-1
3 Florida State 9-0
4 TCU 8-1
5 Alabama 8-1
6 Arizona State 8-1
7 Baylor 8-1
8 Ohio State 8-1
9 Auburn 7-2
10 Ole Miss 8-2
This is kind of what I was expecting them to do last week, but I still have mixed feelings about the whole quality win stuff. Alabama still has two top 10 games upcoming, they retain their clear path and I believe would do so without the aid of the SECCG, but... it's hard to say I'm comfortable with the idea of their putting a one loss team in front of an undefeated "power 5" team for instance. It feels like they have too much liberty to do as they please. It seems like the Pac-12 bias which a lot of us noted from the start really is creeping into the results, they move all of them up and then use that as justification for moving them all up.

But, bottom line is if Alabama wins next week, they're probably going to land at #3 if not higher... I'd still prefer even just the polls (the old BCS formula much more than that). At least with the polls you know that a team isn't going to suddenly have their accomplishments discounted heavily from one week to the next.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

2 things. From an Alabama standpoint this means nothing...keep winning and we are in. From a college football standpoint I think (and did from day one) this committee is dangerous. Beat Utah and move up...Head to head doesn't matter...Beating Minnesota is a quality win...Winning at LSU at night isn't reason to move up...on and on. With all that can still happen, I predict total chaos at the end and some teams are going to get screwed IMO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Week 3 is released:
1 Mississippi State 9-0
2 Oregon 9-1
3 Florida State 9-0
4 TCU 8-1
5 Alabama 8-1
6 Arizona State 8-1
7 Baylor 8-1
8 Ohio State 8-1
9 Auburn 7-2
10 Ole Miss 8-2
My takeaways from seeing the list without hearing any explanation from Jeff Long:

1. Auburn only dropped to number 9?
2. Oregon and Arizona State both setting up nice with their respective rankings for if they play in the Pac-12 championship.
3. Expected TCU to jump us. Made sense.
4. With Oregon jumping FSU, the committee shows they're willing to change a team's ranking. Bodes well for Alabama if it wins this weekend.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Of course the obvious problem with that is it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. If LSU is worn out, has nothing to play for and loses in Fayetteville to an Arkansas team on the rise, they're likely to fall out of the top 25 and we would no longer have them as a top 25 win.
I think they are judging that based on the ranking when the teams play..

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

I don't really like a defending and undefeated National Champion getting passed by a 1 loss team but that is just the dinosaur in me I suppose. At least it happened to the right defending National Champion!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.