CFP Poll is out (week 3 @ post 208)

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Re: CFB top ten on Tuesday

Our schedule is back-loaded. Which honestly, I prefer. Would rather destroy teams later than do it early and barely finish. No matter how we do polls, what-have-you-don-lately will always be given just a bit more latitude. And if it doesn't kill you (with injuries), it may give you a great opportunity to start the playoffs HOT. Don't take the resume polls personally. It's just a measure of things so-far and is in no way a prediction of who will win out. Who the heck has a crystal ball anyways?
exactly. Mid season polls are just so we all have something to talk about. The Only one that truly matters is the 'FINAL' poll.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

If we win out, I don't see how we won't be ranked #1 when the dust settles and playoff has been announced.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

Ole Miss lost. The need or concern for the committee is over for Alabama. Win the SEC and your in as a #1 or #2 seed. Lose and your likely out.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

If we win out, I don't see how we won't be ranked #1 when the dust settles and playoff has been announced.
That depends on FSU, because they will be #1 if they finish up 13-0. Still, we will be no worse than second if we win out.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I don't understand there hand-wringing about Bama's current position in the CFP - if they win out, they're in; if they don't, they're not.

Just win. Worrying about current position is pointless.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I don't understand there hand-wringing about Bama's current position in the CFP - if they win out, they're in; if they don't, they're not.
Bingo. We aren't a "bubble" team by any stretch of the imagination, nor can we even possibly become one. We either win out, in which case we're a guaranteed lock to make it in, or we drop a game somewhere, in which case we have zero chance. For all intents and purposes, what the Committee does or does not think of us is essentially irrelevant, because we fully control our own destiny for better or for worse.

I say leave the hand-wringing up to Auburn, TCU, K-State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, etc. We've just got to simply play the games and let that take care of it for us.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Second might be better since we would be in NOLA, FSU being in Pasadena as the 1 seed.
I thought it was 1st place gets closest venue as long as it is not in the same state. Could be wrong but its what Ive read and heard. so it would be FSU vs TCU in the Sugar and Bama vs Oregon in the rose if all win out.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

But its good for wasting bandwidth an forum space by repeating the same arguments over and over again! :)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I think they will put TCU in front of Alabama, simply based on the whole quality wins thing. I'm wondering how far they'll go with it though, because they could use it as justification to drop Alabama further if they base too much of their rankings on that alone.

I've said all along that Alabama has a clear path, but I still hate the committee and while I respect using quality wins as a factor, it's also a flawed thing to overly rely on.

B

BroadwayJoe777

We control our destiny. This poll is so irrelevant. What I am looking forward to in the upcoming polls are the comedy of teams they will jump Bama with, until they can no longer deny us! Obviously, we must win out. RTR!

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

That depends on FSU, because they will be #1 if they finish up 13-0. Still, we will be no worse than second if we win out.
I hadn't forgotten about FSU, but how could we NOT jump FSU after presumably beating #15 LSU, #3 Auburn, and #1 miss state? That body of work wouldn't put us on top simply because we have a 1 where they have a 0? And if quality of wins is as important as we think it is to the committee members, we beat WVU better than FSU beat Okie State, and WVU beat Okie State like a orange headed step child. So ya. There's that arguement too.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Our schedule is back-loaded. Which honestly, I prefer. Would rather destroy teams later than do it early and barely finish. No matter how we do polls, what-have-you-don-lately will always be given just a bit more latitude. And if it doesn't kill you (with injuries), it may give you a great opportunity to start the playoffs HOT. Don't take the resume polls personally. It's just a measure of things so-far and is in no way a prediction of who will win out. Who the heck has a crystal ball anyways?

The problem we have is that opinions are already engraved in stone. If Florida wins out and turns out to be 8-3 , that is a really good win vs UF. but it doesn't look that way now. If Florida had the Idaho canceled game, they are most likely 5-3 right now. Better record than Stanford's . so many are congratulating Oregon for beating Stanford. Miss state earned their reputation beginning with what they did to TAMU. TheTamu blowout at BDS doesn't look as impressive as when MSU played them. At the beginning of the Season we were penalized for beating WVU by 10 although we controlled the game. TCU is being praised for beating WVU by one on the last play.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

WE can say the same thing, but it won't stop the discussions. I agree.. worry about the end result.

MDB1981

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2010
Nectar, al

I thought it was 1st place gets closest venue as long as it is not in the same state. Could be wrong but its what Ive read and heard. so it would be FSU vs TCU in the Sugar and Bama vs Oregon in the rose if all win out.
I believe your correct

B

BroadwayJoe777

All I got out this new poll was that David Pollack looks like Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Danny Kanell fears us, bad, LOL

You can tell he doesnt want Alabama and FSU playing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.