Pick the score: Crimson Tide vs Tiguhs

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I believe we can keep their offense at bay but I'm not sure how effective we'll be with a mixed o-line and a dinged up bunch of RBs and receivers. Wish we had Howard more in the flow. Still think we win a tight one 23-14. Time for Lane to earn his paycheck!

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
IMHO this game will be a grind. A low scoring game....

BAMA- 14

LSwho- 7

RTR!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Maybe it's just me, but I have never picked Bama to lose since Coach arrived. You guys that picked LSU....watching a game you are assuming they will lose must really suck the fun out of it for you and your game watching buddies.

And if we do lose, you can't even enjoy being right

With that said. We light em up early....38-17 good guys

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
We need to put up lots of points on the scoreboard and send those Cajuns home early. By mid-3rd quarter I hope the stadium is almost EMPTY except for HAPPY Bama fans!

No prediction YET! This is a tough one to call. The Bengal Tigers have improved on the defensive side of the ball in the past few weeks.
against Florida, KY and Ole Miss? Really? Not exactly offensive powerhouses.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Remember after Robinson went out, we actually got better push in the running game.
I believe we can keep their offense at bay but I'm not sure how effective we'll be with a mixed o-line and a dinged up bunch of RBs and receivers. Wish we had Howard more in the flow. Still think we win a tight one 23-14. Time for Lane to earn his paycheck!

B

BamaJ

Bama 35 LSU 13

Side note: If Blake begins messing up in the first quarter and gets that deer in the headlight look, do we pull him?

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Side note: If Blake begins messing up in the first quarter and gets that deer in the headlight look, do we pull him?
Seriously?

First of all, I don't see Blake getting the "look" -- he's played in big games --
If we go back and look at the OM game -- three injuries, first major test on the road -- OM has an impressive D -- and we still should have won -- despite what, 4 turnovers? He won't get that look --

We also smack LSU hard on the butt.....3 score win.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
a quick start is imperative..... lots of scripted plays to start the game.... blake will probably have the arm band all game

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I see another game where JK Scott may be the MVP in a Bama victory. Do we know who all is out yet for Bama? I'll wait until I get the injury update.

Early lean 20-17 Bama but it will be a nerve wracking as the Hog game.

No Cam R. has me very weary because we run to his side with success a lot. Add using only 2 RBs and I might flip the result.

The LSU offense does give me hope though because they are very predictable which means....the Mad Hatter will strike!

Last edited:
B

BamaJ

Seriously?

First of all, I don't see Blake getting the "look" -- he's played in big games --
If we go back and look at the OM game -- three injuries, first major test on the road -- OM has an impressive D -- and we still should have won -- despite what, 4 turnovers? He won't get that look --

We also smack LSU hard on the butt.....3 score win.
I agree that he's played in big games, but he's also played in big road games and played not so well or smart. Please understand, I'm not saying pull him and put him on the bench and never play him again. Sometimes, a starter gets pulled to settle him down and then maybe gets put back in, depending on the backup's performance. I wouldn't rather have another QB in the nation starting Saturday, but I know how Blake can get on the road. I'm just wondering if he starts to struggle, if Kiffin will pull him out and try to settle him down. Not bench him. I'm a Simms fan, trust me. Twas just a question to see what everyone thought. That's all. Personally, I think he'll get out there and have another great performance, but we ARE talking about Death Valley at night. Anything is possible.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Between our injuries and road struggles, I'm having a hard time predicting a win in this one. I think LSU probably wins 17-14.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Of our 4 remaining games, this one worries me the most.

Agree we need to get on them early, take the crowd out, and try to cruise home without injuries. Despite MSU trying to derp it away, I don't think LSU is really built for comebacks.

I think a huge part of this game is riding on Blake Sims. Some of that is him controlling himself on the road and going with the right play, but some of that is him being able to make plays in space more as a running back than quarterback. Don't think LSU has an answer for that.

So, if Sims plays to his potential, then I think we go up early and never really look back, say about 28-14.

If Blake is struggling, this could be nip and tuck and I'd say with injuries, not getting plays in quickly enough, giving up too many third and longs, and our inconsistencies in the kicking game, we lose about 17-14.

Watching football is supposed to be fun, so I'm hoping Blake shows out.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Of our 4 remaining games, this one worries me the most.

Agree we need to get on them early, take the crowd out, and try to cruise home without injuries. Despite MSU trying to derp it away, I don't think LSU is really built for comebacks.

I think a huge part of this game is riding on Blake Sims. Some of that is him controlling himself on the road and going with the right play, but some of that is him being able to make plays in space more as a running back than quarterback. Don't think LSU has an answer for that.

So, if Sims plays to his potential, then I think we go up early and never really look back, say about 28-14.

If Blake is struggling, this could be nip and tuck and I'd say with injuries, not getting plays in quickly enough, giving up too many third and longs, and our inconsistencies in the kicking game, we lose about 17-14.

Watching football is supposed to be fun, so I'm hoping Blake shows out.
If the weather cooperates -- and we can control the stupid penalties......this one isn't close.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.