AU gets away with another one.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Don't know if it is true but it was explained to me that they sent a player in from the sideline and no one left the field. They did not huddle and time out was called before the snap hence no penalty.
As others have said, that play went for 10-11 yards and a first down. More importantly, it put Ole Miss on their hills, allowing the Barn to score on this particular drive. There was no time out called. Clearly a penalty that was missed.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Are you living in the Real world? I think that's just part of the Barn's effective game plan. Run the ball so quick with the HUHN that the officials can't take time to see what's going on on the field and with Gus tormenting officials with his yelling as a distraction.

Intentional? Yes! It's probably in their Playbook.

Winning at all costs just to show up your big brother!
And here I thought the HUHN was designed to tire the defense and to keep them for substituting for situational purposes! To be honest i am not sure I am living in the real world or not! My humor sure seems to be from another world lol!!! ;) ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! :)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The more and more I look at that photo, the more I think it was a designed play.
Think about it. If there were 11 players on the field for the previous play, then two substituted.
Nobody was trying to run off the field late to avoid a penalty. Every one of them lined up in the exact spot they were supposed to be in. They're was no "confusion" on the field".
Had there been, Malzhan would have known something was wrong with the alignment and hurriedly called time out to avoid a penalty.
Nope, that was a designed play.
sip

Last edited:

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
The officials missed 2 of what are actually the easiest calls in football on the same play. Even though counting to 12 isn't that hard even in a fast paced situation, the simplest call was too many men in the backfield (or not enough on the line). The Head Linesman, Linesman and Referee all have role in this count and I don't see how they ALL could have missed it.
Now, someone earlier commented that the officials (Head Linesman and Linesman again) may have counted 7 on the line (the minimum required) and made the judgment the formation was legal. Here is the problem with that...there job is to count players on and off the line and 7+5=12.
And while there is no way to be sure, it sure looked like a designed formation.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Y'all ought to stop crying about aubrens luck , lol .If our beloved tide got a lucky score or a play would you say hey that was luck let's don't count that one? We all know the answer to that one.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Y'all ought to stop crying about aubrens luck , lol .If our beloved tide got a lucky score or a play would you say hey that was luck let's don't count that one? We all know the answer to that one.
This thread is not about luck. This thread is about using the HUNH to cheat.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Also, when we do get the lucky breaks, we admit that yeah, we got lucky. awbrin fans, on the other hand, refuse to admit luck played a role and insist that they are just THAT good and everyone else is just jealous.
I will admit two such lucky breaks right off the top of my head.
In the polls in 2011 we got very, very lucky with all the losses ahead of us following the 9-6 game with LSU. Even then, Okla State was very close to taking over #2.
On the field, we got lucky in the Ole Miss game when the refs missed that facemask penalty on the fumble runback for a TD.

Auburn fans refuse to admit luck, even in that freakshow UGA game last year. To paraphrase what I saw on another message board, would we even be talking about Gus Malzhan if Geogria had not put the two dumbest players in college football at DB?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You can make your own luck.....Auburn does that with their Offensive style........

Lucky that the officials can't keep up with the pace of the game, and are gassed by the 4th quarter...
Lucky that the officials help them in their quest to speed up the game.....
Lucky that the officials can't get into position to see the holdings, illegal motions, and 12 men on the field violations....

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Also, when we do get the lucky breaks, we admit that yeah, we got lucky. awbrin fans, on the other hand, refuse to admit luck played a role and insist that they are just THAT good and everyone else is just jealous.
For example, the scoop and score by Cy Jones against Arkansas? Now that was luck a face mask wasn`t called. You do that another 10 times and I`d guarantee 10 flags.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
To win it all, you have to have at least a little luck; ball has to bounce "your way", etc. Denying that it is luck at all is disingenuous and typical barn behavior. I have never denied luck in any form, good or bad; it happens and you deal with it. Denying it is neither legitimate nor even necessary.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
What ever happened to the 8 man officiating crew for the SEC games ? Were there 8 there that night? I thought they were going to try that out to eliminate some of this.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
What ever happened to the 8 man officiating crew for the SEC games ? Were there 8 there that night? I thought they were going to try that out to eliminate some of this.
Only one crew has the 8th official. I'm not sure if the game in question had it or not. I doubt it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.