AU gets away with another one.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't harp on their seeming "luck." You make your own luck by playing to the whistle and never giving up. Auburn does that as well as any team in the nation lately. Tip of the hat to them.

The blatant administrative penalties being missed lately in their games are just outright unacceptable for SEC officiating crews. We're not even talking about the ineligible players downfield that has been greatly relaxed with the rise of their brand of offense. This is stuff officials should catch by just doing their bare minimum job.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
That ridiculous quick huddle break more often than not results in an illegal formation, but I don't think it's ever been called. Last night, on their last TD, #82 looks close to or in the neutral zone even with the rear camera angle.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I don't harp on their seeming "luck." You make your own luck by playing to the whistle and never giving up. Auburn does that as well as any team in the nation lately. Tip of the hat to them.

The blatant administrative penalties being missed lately in their games are just outright unacceptable for SEC officiating crews. We're not even talking about the ineligible players downfield that has been greatly relaxed with the rise of their brand of offense. This is stuff officials should catch by just doing their bare minimum job.
I agree. That's why they get a lot of PF penalties for hitting ball carriers late.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
This happened when they were going fast tempo. I inexcusable imo. Now that we got what needed out of their win I see no reason why we can't go back and nitpick their play. They literally get away with a lot of stuff other teams simply can't or dont. I was actually surprised to see them called for holding once last night. Still saw some illegal men down field too but still no call.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
All the confusion and obfuscation is not to confuse the defense but also to confuse the officials?

I agree it's probably a designed formation. I wonder how many more plays were overloaded with extra barners?

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I think it's part of Malzhan's game plan. He will run illegal formations, run lineman down field, try to get away with 12 me on the field, etc. It is like coaching against Eddie Haskell.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
That was an 11 yard gain.

Were there any officials at this game officiating? This is probably an official play in the Barn's playbook!

When we play the Barn, someone needs to be counting the number of players they have on each play: their offense and defense! Someone needs to yell out "5 in the backfield, 12 players on the field"!

This is what happens when you have to play a HUNH offense. It happens so quick that Officials can't call an effective game!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Officiating is usually absurdly bad in auburn's game & that's a direct result of their fast paced offense..That's exactly why Gus rides the official's so dang hard when he feels they're not allowing his offense to play as fast as he wants them to..That fast pace causes the refs to miss many many calls & is an advantage to them..It's sickening when he's all over the officials giving them hell to hurry up & place the ball down for his offense..The officials need to control the pace of the game & not an offense..All these player's bust their backside in the off-season & I think it's BS that they can lose a game cause the officials aren't in place to call the call fairly..

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
My barn friends belly ached to no end how they got hosed by the refs in the State game lol! Truthfully I doubt that the 12 men on the field was intentional. More likely they can't count that high, but intentional? Nahhh!!! Auburn has never cheated on purpose! ;)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.