News Article: For Richt and UGA, yet another inexplicable loss

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
AJC Online:

For Richt and UGA, yet another inexplicable loss

I know what happened — the Gators rushed for 418 yards, fifth-most in school history and the second-worst in Georgia annals — against a opponent that entered with the SEC’s second-best rushing defense. I’m just not sure how it happened, or why. Neither was Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, who spoke in more ephemeral terms: “Sometimes it’s about getting off a block. It’s about who you are and what you’ve got in you.”

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
This has to be Jeremy Pruits worse moment. He was being praised as the next big thing. This game just set him back decades. I know it can happen to anyone and has happen to us but man Florida's offense has stunk up the joint.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
This has to be Jeremy Pruits worse moment. He was being praised as the next big thing. This game just set him back decades. I know it can happen to anyone and has happen to us but man Florida's offense has stunk up the joint.
Pruitt needed a little humble pie.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't know what happened yesterday, but they are right. The guys didn't fight hard on defense to stop the plays. Georgia just gave up yesterday. How do you allow Florida to keep running ball against G like that?

redtusk15

Suspended
Aug 7, 2014
Anybody else see Richt laughing and smiling after the game, walking around with his son?
Dude just does not have the killer instinct.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
UGA has been soft against the run for a long time. Beginning to think it isn't all on the DCs either.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Pruitt doesn't look so smart when the schedule isn't full of Wake Forest and Virginia and such.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Here is a critical editorial from the Georgia writer of the Macon Telegraph. http://www.macon.com/2014/11/02/3399058/yet-another-big-loss-for-mark.html?sp=/99/160/181/

.Here’s what Richt is confused about. He goes on and on about how he tries to make his players better men while they are at UGA. But we see a record-number of players get arrested and in trouble every year in Athens. We see four players double-dip their stipend checks. We see a star ignore the rules and take cash for autographs. So he’s not doing particularly well in that area either.

This is a crutch. His job is to win football games. Period. End of story. He is judged on winning championships, and he has never won a national title, which is a problem considering the amount of teams in the southeast that have won over the last decade. He only uses that line of “there’s something besides winning that’s important here” when he knows some people want him gone. He knows that when others hear that line, they’ll appreciate him for what he is and will not want him to leave Georgia.
If you criticize Richt and say his beliefs don’t matter and they should not be brought up, you’ll be blamed for being sacrilegious. But then when his supporters talk about him, what do they bring up first? “Well, he’s a good man” is what their sentence starts off with. So if they use his beliefs to defend him, why can’t those of us who criticize him say that it just doesn’t matter?

Try an experiment. Ask people you know what they think about Richt. See how many say, “Well, he’s a good man, but…”
Would this be accepted at Alabama? If these type losses had gone on for a period of seven years would Nick Saban still have a job? It’s a valid question, and the answer will make Georgia fans embarrassed they are putting up with something they really shouldn’t tolerate any longer.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/11/02/339...s-for-mark.html?sp=/99/160/181/#storylink=cpy.
Maybe some of the Georgia faithful will finally say enough is enough. Georgia could easily be the LSU of the East with all the Homegrown talent.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This does seem to be Richt's defining characteristic.
yeah, i was thinking that inexplicable wasn't an appropriate word for the headline. its pretty explicable to me ;)

but it is the ajc, and as soon as jawjuh wins again, it will be heisman's and 5 seconds from playing in the bcsnccg, and richt paying his coaches out of his own pocket, etc

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't know what happened yesterday, but they are right. The guys didn't fight hard on defense to stop the plays. Georgia just gave up yesterday. How do you allow Florida to keep running ball against G like that?
georgia never fights hard. its why i have zero respect for richt as a football coach :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Considering the talent pool he has to draw from, I've never seen a coach do less with more than Richt has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Well let's hope it takes that long. The last thing I want is a great coach at Georgia with all the talent in that state.

I agree, we get a lot of Talent from Georgia. But Auburn probably gets more and plays UGA every year, so... The enemy of your enemy is your friend. I think . Of course, those of us that live in Georgia will suffer. Dawg fans are intolerable already.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Here is a critical editorial from the Georgia writer of the Macon Telegraph. http://www.macon.com/2014/11/02/3399058/yet-another-big-loss-for-mark.html?sp=/99/160/181/

Maybe some of the Georgia faithful will finally say enough is enough. Georgia could easily be the LSU of the East with all the Homegrown talent.

First off, great read.

Second, I think you're selling them short on the ceiling they SHOULD have. They just don't have a large amount of talent, they produce as many DI players as Alabama and Louisiana combined. They produce at a clip of 1 out of every 185 athletes get signed to a DI scholly. That's pretty crazy. They have a hard time keeping them though.

Out of the top 25 signees from GA last year, only 5 signed with UGA (they had 9 out of the top 50)... They aren't staying in state period as Ga Tech only got 2 out of the top 50.

South Carolina signed 6/50, Auburn 5/50, Clemson 5/50.

Compare that to the state of Alabama where 13 of the top 14 signed in state (6 to Alabama, 7 to the Barn), or Louisiana where LSU signed 11 of their top 25 in state players and you can see where the problem begins.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.