Question: So if you are Alabama how do you attack the LSU defense?

In his presser yesterday, Saban commented LSU plays a good bit of one-on-one. Makes me believe he believes Cooper will have one guy on him. If so, that means we move Cooper around in order to cause coverage issues like we have in every other game.

Ole Miss and Arkansas slowed down the offense by bracketing Coop. If LSU does that, I would hope the offense can adjust after the two previous incidents.
Coop in one on one? Hmm.. Did Ole Miss do that?!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yes, Ole Miss did that and I think we would've had lot of success with Drake had he not got hurt. I know we can handle Ole miss, and Tennesee did man to man at times. My thing is Cooper is extremely dangerous when it's on Man to man coverage. That tells me Kiffin has lot of ideas for this weekend. The way LSU blitiz, I would imgaine we'll see read options, Definitely will see Cooper get some balls.. but I really think Alabama is going to run the ball little more in the beginning of the game. Maybe I'm wrong.
Coop in one on one? Hmm.. Did Ole Miss do that?!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We have had situations this season where a team was driving down the field against us.. and then when they are in red zone, We stop them. My point is that we should be able to force 3 and out on consistent basis.
Have you seen how poor LSU's conversion rate is, compared to ours?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yes, I did see that. The reason I said that is we always get their best football every year. Ahh, I just realized something now. Auburn and Miss St slowed down their Offense. I see your point, maybe I was looking at it from overall perspective, but not realizing that LSU stats are somewhat skewed by the opponents they played this season.
Have you seen how poor LSU's conversion rate is, compared to ours?

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
We need to win the time of possession battle ,solid kicking and that includes making field goals. Big play scores are great but they will ware out your defense and I don't think LSU will fold it up at home.its going to take a 60min game to win. I would attack by taking what they give us. But the running game IMO will be key.

B

BamaJ

I may be a day late and a dollar short, but I say we just do what we do. Feed the playmakers. If they double up on Coop, someone else is open. Blake just has to find them. If we go out and execute, there's no way LSU stays on the field with us. Put the ball in Coop's hands. Let Blake run it some. If we are inside the 5, we should never call a play on third down other than that fake up the middle and Blake taking it to the house. He can walk in every time because they have to respect that RB that's in there. Again, execute and them drunk cajuns can start heading for the exits mid-third quarter.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
If LSU sells out to cover cooper,sims has tto find the open receiver. With enough of the running game we could have a big day throwing the football. IMO if we don't best ourselves we win comfortably.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.