First Trip to Tiger Stadium

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
My wife and I will arrive in Baton Rouge Friday afternoon and look forward to experiencing firsthand the unique football atmosphere that is LSU.

Our seats are in Section 640 so hopefully there will be a lot of fellow Bama fans nearby.

Any suggestions...Restaurants, parking, weapons, etc?

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Weapons: A very thick skin, a HUGE amount of patience, and an extraordinary amount of silence when taunted. ;)

In my limited experience there (& elsewhere!), trouble often starts when a visiting fan wants to engage in trash talk. Bengal Tigah fans can be fun, as long as one's not in a verbal whizzing contest with them. When that happens there on campus, it can escalate quickly.

Enjoy! Hope you're still there "Roll Tide-ing" to a largely-empty stadium at the end of the game. :)

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Weapons: A very thick skin, a HUGE amount of patience, and an extraordinary amount of silence when taunted. ;)

In my limited experience there (& elsewhere!), trouble often starts when a visiting fan wants to engage in trash talk. Bengal Tigah fans can be fun, as long as one's not in a verbal whizzing contest with them. When that happens there on campus, it can escalate quickly.

Enjoy! Hope you're still there "Roll Tide-ing" to a largely-empty stadium at the end of the game. :)

Thanks! You have reinforced my thoughts exactly!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Any suggestions... weapons, etc?
:biggrin2:

Seriously, they did shoot someone down there recently, so you may want to watch you surroundings. And don't say anything about corn dogs. I don't think they like that.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I've been to four games there and Saturday will be five. It's not that much worse than any other SEC stadium at night. No one is going to "jump" you unless you act like a fool.

A few bars are near the stadium, but this is definitely a tailgating stadium. Have good attitude with the few really drunk fans and have a good time.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Have fun, use good commons sense and you'll be fine. The students will be yelling "Tiger Bait" at you. Just ignore them and smile.

Parking as I remember is a field past the campus down what I would call their strip. Follow the cars and you will probably find it. Be careful leaving as some areas are not what I'd call safe. You certainly do not want to get lost there. Make freinds with a few LSwho's and they will probably feed you. Hope you like cayenne pepper.

Good luck and Roll Tide.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Just don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine. Tiger Stadium used to be a far more dangerous place for opposing fans 20-30 years ago, but like just about everywhere else the astronomical rise in ticket prices has eliminated most of the riff-raff who are mainly just there just looking for trouble. Tailgating crowd still has some of that, but keep moving if you come across it and don't stop to engage. You'll get a ton of people yelling "Tiger Bait," which is really far more stupid and annoying than actually threatening.

In general, enjoy the campus and the tailgate food. Several great restaurants in BR, but there's nothing near the stadium on gameday worth your while. Also stay out of the bars in Tigerland, which are just awful bars.

Stadium is a bit nicer now with the new addition, but in comparison to BDS it will feel much older. A lot of it depends on where you are, but some portions of the stadium feel a lot like Neyland, and I don't mean that as a compliment. Finally, Section 640? Bring the binoculars.

Last edited:

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
I envy you - I wish I could go as well, but business does not allow it this year. I've been twice and had just a phenomenal time. The tail gating is the best I've ever seen - the people are friendly - will give you food, drink, etc. Of course, be respectful - and they will as well. You can give some &%&^ to them - that's ok, but just don't cross the line -

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Any suggestions...Restaurants, parking, weapons, etc?
A Glock.

Seriously, it's a good time. Wear thick skin though. You will get a Tiger Bait or 3, mostly from the younger fans. If you go through the tailgate area and don't act like a fool, you can usually snag some food and a beverage. It's a night game and the Corndogs will be plenty amped for this one but be cool and you and your bride will enjoy it. I haven't missed a Bama-LSU game in BR in years. You also need to see the LSU players walk in behind the band before gametime. Get on the hill and get a spot to watch. Will motivate you even if you are a Bama fan. I like to be in my seats early to take it all in.

Lots of stuff around town. I have an office in BR and I love hitting up TJ Ribs on Acadian or Mike Andersons.

Roll Tide

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Been there once. Be prepared to have tiger bait drilled at you from all ages. Thankfully when I was there, I was with friends of mine that went to LSU and they knew the ins and outs of the neighbor hood after the game. And it was a night game too.

Wayne4Bama2

Scout Team
Feb 10, 2001
Dothan,Al,Houston
Been there once. Be prepared to have tiger bait drilled at you from all ages. Thankfully when I was there, I was with friends of mine that went to LSU and they knew the ins and outs of the neighbor hood after the game. And it was a night game too.

Been several times. Never a problem. Be ready for "Tiger Bait". We park and ride a bus which is easier(according to me).:)

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
We had a blast there. Of course, we cheated=>Met a HS classmate of mine who played line for LSU back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth right after we graduated. mrs. exiled & I were his guests at the pregame letterman's buffett right across from the stadium. We were in a room with LSU legends from multiple sports. I leaned over to my classmate's wife & whispered, "Please don't tell these people she & I both graduated from Alabama." Her reply: "I won't, if you won't tell them I graduated from Florida." :biggrin2:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Been four times, last time when Shula was coach . But , the growl is worse than their bite. About like any other conference venue, there will be taunts, but nothing worse. Heck , I have had some pretty good football conversation with Tiger fans

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.