Question: Jersey colors...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I've heard nothing anywhere to indicate LSU might show up in the purple jerseys, but crazier things have happened.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
If they did, couldn't we still wear crimson? Those aren't similar colors.
Think the answer here is no, because I believe the rules require the teams to agree to wear the colored jerseys. I would doubt LSU would do that.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
If they did, couldn't we still wear crimson? Those aren't similar colors.
No, not without prior approval from the NCAA which they don't give lightly.

The way it works is that, by default, the home team wears their solid (e.g. home) jerseys and the visiting team wears their white (e.g. away) jerseys. However, the home team can request that the visiting team wear a particular version of their jersey/uniform in order to accommodate their desire to wear a particular uniform. However, it is up to the visiting team to decide whether or not they want to comply with that request.

So, in LSU's case, they prefer to wear their whites at home so they typically request that every visiting team wear their home uniforms at Tiger Stadium. However, if the visiting team refuses that request then LSU is forced to wear their ugly, purple, home uniforms at home. :)

Personally, I wouldn't mind refusing the request and forcing them to wear those ugly purple uniforms except for the fact that it might unnecessarily give them more emotional "fuel" for the game - if they didn't have more than enough already.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

The way it works is that, by default, the home team wears their solid (e.g. home) jerseys and the visiting team wears their white (e.g. away) jerseys. However, the home team can request that the visiting team wear a particular version of their jersey/uniform in order to accommodate their desire to wear a particular uniform. However, it is up to the visiting team to decide whether or not they want to comply with that request.

So, in LSU's case, they prefer to wear their whites at home so they typically request that every visiting team wear their home uniforms at Tiger Stadium. However, if the visiting team refuses that request then LSU is forced to wear their ugly, purple, home uniforms at home. :)

Personally, I wouldn't mind refusing the request and forcing them to wear those ugly purple uniforms except for the fact that it might unnecessarily give them more emotional "fuel" for the game - if they didn't have more than enough already.
Our buddy SOS did this to them one year when he was at Florida.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I honestly don't care what color jerseys we wear. I do like the crimson ones better, however.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
We've won an awful lot of games in red stick with their white jerseys on. Let 'em have their fun.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
If a team thinks the color of the jersey matters then they've lost already.
You must be joking. It's a combination of my lucky T-shirt and unwashed game socks that wins games. The game flag must fly on game day regardless of wind or rain. My wife must not comment on the game if she enters the room. The wings must be properly prepared. AND you must choose the proper hat for the game.

Sheesh.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Only requires the two teams agree prior to the beginning of the season.

General Rules about Jersey Colors

• NCAA rules state that all players on the same team must wear jerseys that are the same color and design. In general, those jerseys use the official school colors, as determined by the school handbook. Visiting teams are to wear jerseys of a contrasting color. In general, players from the visiting team must wear white jerseys with the numbers, team name and player name printed in a contrasting color. Jerseys also cannot be a similar color to the ball.

Exceptions to the Rules

• Players on the home team may wear white jerseys only if the teams have agreed to the arrangement prior to the season starting. This agreement must be in writing. If a visiting team wishes to wear a colored jersey during a game, both teams need to agree to the change before the game and the football conference must certify that the jersey is a contrasting color to that of the home team. In other words, both teams will not be allowed to wear navy blue jerseys, because that would lead to confusion.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/list_7157780_ncaa-football-rules-jersey-colors.html

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
I think you may be on to something, but I think my pregame shirt and then my game shirt that I change into 15 min. before kickoff(never wear them any other time) are right there also. Heck who knows how many games we might loose without us.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Saturday night in tigger stadium, I 'spect they'll be in white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
My 2 year old received a gift of an Alabama cheerleading uniform last fall which she wore twice...during the Iron Bowl and Sugar Bowl. The uniform is no longer with us.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Please pretty please let 'em go with a blackout, even rename the town Baton Noir so 'Bama can be the 'Whos' biggest and baddest bete noir...

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I believe the SEC has a rule that says LSU gets to wear white at home and the other schools can't mess with that. Seems I read that on this board some years back but don't go gambling on where I read it.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'd be shocked if they didn't wear white. Personally, I think they have the best looking uniform in America when they wear Purple, but they obviously don't like it too much.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea Sip I think their uni's look better with the purple on too but we all know how they are.

I just wished our crimson helmets matched the red jerseys:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.