LSU Game Week Practice Reports and Media Appearances

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Back to the normal game week routine this week. Saban meets with the media at noon followed by a few players.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban: "We're looking forward to a great week of preparation."
Saban: The goal is to get the players to play with more consistency for 60 minutes.
Nick Saban at the podium talking LSU: “These games are traditionally very tough, physical games between two ranked teams.”
Saban: LSU "has a very good team that is playing their best football of the year."
Saban on injury: Cam Robinson limited today but everyone else will practice. Alphonse Taylor out too.
Saban: Cam Robinson will be limited today, Alphonse Taylor out (concussion) but everyone else will practice.
Saban: You can guarantee that their crowd will be very involved in the game, whether it's during the day or at night.
Saban said LSU's secondary likes to play a lot of man-to-man. That coupled w/ the pressure the put on QBs makes it tough for opponents.
Saban on LT and LA native Cam Robinson: "We haven't ruled him out of the game."
Saban on the status of LT Cam Robinson: “We haven’t ruled him out. We’ll have to see how he progresses.”
Saban: "You have to have balance on offense against a defense like they have. They are ballhawks."
Saban: "They have some players that are young but can make great plays on offense."
Saban: "We want TJ Yeldon to continue I have the kind of production he's had all year. We new the other backs to step up as well."
Saban: "The way Blake Sims started and finished last week was good, but he needs to put a complete game together this week."
Saban: "It's no surprise how good Fournette has been. They are a physical team and he has that style."
Saban on controlling UA's playoff destiny. "We have to win the games that we play."
Saban: "Be where your feet are" is message to players about focussing on this game and not whole month.
Saban: Bye weeks are good, but sometimes they don't work out so well. It depends on the mindset of your team.
Saban: "Sometimes bye weeks are good, sometimes not. It depends on how you use it and can you get back to game-week mode."
Saban: The last three games, LSU hasn't put the game in the quarterback's hands as much.
Saban: RB Tyren Jones will be back with the team this week.
Saban asked if he watched any football over the bye week. "I watched LSU games."
Saban says he watched Florida-Georgia, "West Virginia-TCU going back and forth," and the Auburn game.
But then he jokes that Miss Terry controls the TV and they watch Gone With The Wind.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
saban on lt and la native cam robinson: "we haven't ruled him out of the game."
saban on the status of lt cam robinson: “we haven’t ruled him out. We’ll have to see how he progresses.”
saban: Rb tyren jones will be back with the team this week.

huge news!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From Baton Rouge, Les Miles:

Miles begins with .... "Election day coming up. It's not Columbus Day. Certainly not St. Paddy's Day." #LSU
Miles on #Bama week: "Our team seems to play biggest on a big stage." #LSU
Miles to fans: "Eat concessions." #LSU
Miles on Senior Day: "Seems like it comes by so quick." Mentions Hilliard, Magee, Collins. #LSU
Miles on seniors: "We'll miss'em." #LSU
Miles on Beckwith vs. Ole Miss: "Just becoming more comfortable at that linebacking spot." #LSU
Miles says #LSU had "a little bit of extra work on turnovers" during the bye week. Had four vs. Ole Miss.
Miles on #Bama: "Coach Saban does a great job. We look forward to that challenge." #LSU
Miles on #Bama: "Two terribly talented tailbacks." #LSU
Miles on #Bama D: "I don't know if we'll play against a team this year that has a quality of defense as this team." #LSU
Miles on Landon Collins: "Very talented guy playing well." #LSU#Bama
Miles: "It's the kind of game you come to #LSU to play in. Think our guys are looking forward to it."
Miles on excelling with game-managing QBs: "There is no finer team sport than football. Everybody has a job to do." #LSU
Miles on #Bama's offense: "Lane Kiffin is a very tactical guy. He's a talented coach and a guy that has ability." #LSU
Miles on La'el Collins returning for senior year: "Dominant player on Saturdays. Think he'll have opportunity to be a 1st round pick." #LSU
Miles on #Bama WR Amari Cooper: "He's got speed and size and ball skills and runs routes extremely well." #LSU
Miles on #Bama WR Amari Cooper: "He's awfully smooth." #LSU
Miles: "Terrence is going to be fine. He'll practice today, and we expect him to be ready for the game." #LSU
Miles: "I think there's an enjoyment of playing this (#Bama) team." #LSU
Les on Blake Sims: "I see him as a very special, very dangerous dual-threat QB" #LSU
Miles says there are some "technical things" that #LSU's defense has done to play better against a dual-threat QB.
Miles on rivalry with Saban: "I think there's a mutual respect from me to him. Very talented coach." #LSU #Bama
#LSU's Miles on facing #Bama's Saban: There's "a mutual respect certainly from me to him ... Obviously he is a very, very competent coach."
Miles on #LSU-#Bama series: "The ramifications of who wins and loses are always very significant."
Miles on #Bama front 7 stopping run: "We're always searching for balance. Think there's opportunity to achieve that some in this game." #LSU
Miles on #Bama converting on 3rd downs so well: "Talented offense. Opportunity to throw to Cooper is an advantage." #LSU
Miles on atmosphere for #Bama: "Our guys play off of it. They feed on it. We play best in Tiger Stadium. That atmosphere is special." #LSU

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama players:

Blake Sims

Sims: it'll be great to go back to Death Valley. I'm glad I get to go play
Sims on his reaction to Yeldon 2012 TD in Death Valley: it's very funny seeing myself doing that. I was just pumped
Sims on biggest difference between first road start and now: confidence. I'm much more confident now than I was at ole miss
Sims: knowing how loud it is, we've got to be able to talk this weekend (in Death Valley)
Sims: hopefully I can do the same exact thing AJ was able to do (in terms of composure when crowd is loud)
Sims: I have no concern (about offensive line injuries). I have morning but trust in the coaches and the players
Sims: I don't think TJ knew what he just did when he scored on that screen. If it was me, I might've gotten in more trouble
Sims: I like celebrating more with the team than scoring myself and trying to make the top 10
Blake Sims' message to a shuffling offensive line: "Just remember, I got feet."
Sims: we're not trying to do things until we get it right, we're going them until we can't get them wrong.

Jonathan Allen

Allen: (LSU's) offensive line is very physical. We're gonna have to match it to dominate the line of scrimmage
Allen: as a whole team, we're just ready to go to death valley and compete
Allen: We're so excited now that we control our own destiny. We're taking it one game at a time now
Allen: we really don't talk about (controlling our destiny) around the locker room too much
Allen: I'm excited, I love to be in this type of atmosphere (at Death Valley)

Landon Collins

Collins: I'm very pumped. Going home, playing against my home state.
Collins: this game means a lot. I wanna show them that I picked the right team, the team that can dominate. That I picked the better team
Alabama Landon Collins said LSU is definitely his favorite game on the schedule.
Collins: when I was being recruited I went to almost all the LSU night games. It's crazy
Collins: there's a big difference between morning and night games at LSU
Collins: Leanord Fournette and I were on the same team growing up
Collins: I've never had to tackle (Fournette) before, it's gonna be crazy. He's a big back
Collins: It means a lot (that I haven't lost to them). I wanna be able to talk that trash
Collins: All of us New Orleans boys got bashed coming to Alabama as the rival.

Arie Kouandjio

Kouandjio: this is the first time the offensive line has shifted around and it'll probably be the last time
Kouandjio: when you say LSU, I think purple I guess
Arie K asked what comes to mind when he hears LSU. "Purple, I guess."
Kouandjio when being told that they put Mike the Tiger right outside the locker room: "I'm not afraid of Tigers"
Bama OL Arie Kouandjio says he's not afraid of Mike the Tiger: "If a tiger's going to get me a tiger's going to get me."
Kouandjio: we try not to look at controlling our own destiny, and I do a good job until someone asks me...
So what is Arie scared of? "Not reaching my full potential. The dark."

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Lol...I get that Landon is going to be the most amped up guy on our team but man he's almost straight trash talking. I mean we'd be talking 'bulletin board' about another teams player getting that emotional.

I get it though...and if anyone can back it up it's him. He's a tackling machine. Our guys are all pretty jacked it seems and CNS's toughest job this week may be keeping them even keeled. This has become my favorite game of every season. It's Clash of the Titans.

Last edited:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
If we don't repeat the pattern from the last off week we ought to be good to go. Coach saban says LSU plays a lot of man cover i think we do well against that.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
We need Yeldon at 100%. Hope the odd practice schedule doesn't mean he isn't going to be ready. It would be nice to have Cam, but my guess is that he will be the proverbial "could have played in an emergency" player and he'll start next Saturday against MSU.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
YEldon will play this weekend, it's just a precaution.. they want to keep him healthy as much as they can get him.
We need Yeldon at 100%. Hope the odd practice schedule doesn't mean he isn't going to be ready. It would be nice to have Cam, but my guess is that he will be the proverbial "could have played in an emergency" player and he'll start next Saturday against MSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.