Tide in the NFL:Week 9

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
Not exactly a great week for Tide alum in the NFL except for Mark Ingram. Losses, injuries, and bye’s made the week somewhat lack-luster.

The Saints (Mark Ingram, Brandon Deaderick, Vinnie Sunseri) beat the $cam-led Panthers (Roman Harper, Robert Lester) 28-10 on Thursday night. Ingram had another solid game rushing for 100 yards on 30 carries with 2 TDs. He also had 1 reception for 10 yard and was pretty much the only real bright spot for Tide alum this week. Sunseri recorded 1 tackle for the Saints as well, his first stat in a somewhat quiet rookie season. On the other side of the ball Harper recorded 5 tackles for the Panthers. Robert Lester, just acquired by the Panthers, recorded 1 tackle – his first of the season and against Ingram no less.

The Cardinals (Rashad Johnson, Ed Stinson) beat the Cowboys (Rolando McClain) 28-17. Johnson had 4 tackles and 1 assist. Stinson recorded 1 tackle. McClain recorded 4 tackles and 2 assists in the loss. McClain also left in the 4th quarter with a knee injury – status unknown but it doesn’t appear too serious. For all of McClain’s excellent play this season, he has been somewhat injury prone. The Eagles (DeMeco Ryans, Evan Mathis-inactive) beat the Texans (Kareem Jackson, Jeoffrey Pagan) 31-21. Ryans had a solid game with 5 tackles, 1 assist, and 1 pass defended against his former team, but suffered a serious Achilles injury on an interception he made. It appears Ryans will be the 4th Tide alum to go on IR this year. Jackson had only 1 tackle for the Texans and also injured his knee in the game – not sure how badly yet – and is listed as questionable for the next Texans game after a bye-week. Pagan had an active game recording 2 tackles and 2 assists. The Rams (Mark Barron, Barrett Jones) beat the 49ers (Quinton Dial) 13-10. Barron, recently traded from the Buccaneers, recorded only 1 tackle on ST as he begins to work into the Rams rotation. He was brought over to start for the Rams and may do so next week. Jones did not get in the game and I think was still listed as inactive. The Seahawks (Kevin Norwood, James Carpenter, Jesse Williams-IR) beat the Raiders 30-24. Norwood had 1 catch for 19 yards. Carpenter had to leave the game with what appears to be a foot injury. The Ravens (CJ Mosley, Courtney Upshaw, Terrence Cody–PUP) lost to the Steelers 23-43. Mosley had 6 tackles and 3 assists. Upshaw only had 1 tackle. The Bengals (Dre Kirkpatrick, Wallace Gilberry, Andre Smith, Nico Johnson, AJ McCarron-non-football injury list) beat the Jaguars (Carson Tinker) 33-23. Smith had to leave the game with an ankle injury and only has a few days to recover before the Bengals Thursday night game. Gilberry had 3 tackles and 2 assists. Kirkpatrick recorded 2 tackles. Johnson added another tackle for the Bengals. The Patriots (Dont’a Hightower) and 2xSB losing QB T. Brady beat the Broncos and 2xSB losing QB P. Manning 43-21. Hightower had 6 tackles and P. Manning about cried after the game in a post-game press interview. The Jets (Dee Milliner–IR) lost to the Chiefs 24-10. The Chiefs released Damion Square on 1 November. Hopefully he gets picked up by someone else later on but I am not optimistic. The Chargers (Jarrett Johnson, DJ Fluker) got blanked by the Dolphins 37-0. Johnson had 3 tackles and 2 assists in a losing effort.

The Colts (Trent Richardson, Josh Chapman) beat the Giants 40-24 in the Monday night game. Richardson was serviceable but with the way Andrew Luck is playing, the Colts commitment to the running game is marginal. Richardson finished with 7 carries for 33 yards and 2 catches for 9 yards. His backfield mate Ahmad Bradshaw had 7 carries for 50 yards and 3 catches for 29 yards. Richardson is still listed as the starter and I saw Bradshaw line up in the FB position with Richardson as RB in goal-line once. Chapman also picked up 3 tackles in the game and 1 forced fumble, though the Giants were able to recover it.

Bye Week - The Packers (Eddie Lacy, Ha-Ha Clinton Dix), the Bills (Marcell Dareus, Cyrus Kouandijo – inactive), the Falcons (Julio Jones, Javier Arenas-inactive, Mike Johnson-IR) , the Titans (Chance Warmack).

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
Steelers definitely picked on CJ. They had him covering L Bell on every pass play and he struggled to keep up with Bell on the pass routes as Bell had 5 catches, a TD, and forced CJ into a pass interference penalty. all part of learning process as a rookie....

CJ, by all accounts, is having a defensive rookie of the year type of season though...but expect teams to force him out on coverage after the steelers just showed it off

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
He stayed with Bell Ok, not many linebackers are going to be able to cover Bell one on one. Bell has really surprised me (and many others) on just how good a pro he has become
Steelers definitely picked on CJ. They had him covering L Bell on every pass play and he struggled to keep up with Bell on the pass routes as Bell had 5 catches, a TD, and forced CJ into a pass interference penalty. all part of learning process as a rookie....

CJ, by all accounts, is having a defensive rookie of the year type of season though...but expect teams to force him out on coverage after the steelers just showed it off

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Cody was activated from PUP today. IIRC he is in a contract year.
He is also down to around 330 lbs. "My new slim frame. I have changed my body type a lot. Its good for me in the long run. I'll be able to sustain my energy more and stay on the field more. Man, its a blessing. The coaches like what they see and are impressed", Cody said.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.