Predictions for 11-4 Elections

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
If he gotten correctly Kansas and North Carolina -- (which would have both been Dem wins....) then the Republicans would have only picked up 5 -- so where were his other 3?

Louisiana, Alaska -- and where?
Well, he had Kansas as an independent win, not Democrat.

He had Iowa, Colorado, Alaska, Louisiana, Arkansas, West Virginia, South Dakota, and Montana as Republican pick ups.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
The results were better than I had hoped and as Saban says, take a minute to celebrate and then get back to work.
Ok Republicans, undo this mess or go home!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Agreed it should be addressed at a national level. I find it interesting that Big Agriculture/Dow are fighting it tooth and nail. It's also interesting that many European countries are banning GMO foods as are China (chuckle) and Japan. Jesus, GMO foods have a built in pesticide, no one in their right mind can tell me that poisoning my body with that crap is good.
want to hear something funny? That built in pesticide, Bacillus thruringiens, is by itself consider a safe organic pesticide by the FDA. Consequently organic farmers use it like water. So if you steer clear of GM foods and only eat organic you are far more likely to be ingesting this particular pesticide. Remember that next time you bite into an organic vegetable

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A lot of people have been more accurate than Nate Silver. No one has been more accurate than him (A) regularly, (B) publicly, and (C) specifically.
None of that is true. He's just been smart enough to market himself. Okay, so I guess that would make B true.

And btw - when you get secret polls others don't get - as happened in 2012 - then you ought to be more accurate. Silver's entire reputation is based off of ONE election when he got extra info. Voter dot com was once "a great predictor" when they got 1992 correct.....then they had Bush winning by nine points in 2000 and vanished. John Zogby got a big rep off of 1996 because he had Dole much closer to Clinton than anyone and got it right.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Well, he had Kansas as an independent win, not Democrat.

He had Iowa, Colorado, Alaska, Louisiana, Arkansas, West Virginia, South Dakota, and Montana as Republican pick ups.
If he predicted the Republicans to lose Kansas -- then it would have been a net +7 -- but I guess the GOP would have picked up 8, but lost one (kansas) if I understand what you typed.....so he predicted a Net +7

If the GOP wins Louisiana (which they should), it will be a +9 ---- and if the recount helps Gillespie -- then it would be a net +10 --

So, a Net +7 guess was actually not that accurate.....Sean Hannity said +8 --- so Silver did worse than Hannity - ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.