This is LSU week, why does it not feel like it?

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Just wondering why it doesn't feel like LSU week. Most Bama fans are more interested in the polls than the actual game. Go to a tiger board , and it is just the opposite, I guess because they have less to play for. I hope the team is motivated more than fans, especially coming out of a bye week.
You obviously must not live around Corndog fans. Houston is the melting pot for both Tiger and Bama fans and it for sure feels like LSU game week here in my hood. A few back and forths have taken place already and I have got my game face on, ready for my trip over to BR on Friday.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
In some ways I agree, it doesn't feel like LSU week because in the past few years so much has been publicity over this matchup. I am glad that this game isn't being hyped as much as in other years. It is hard enough to go into LSU at night to play much less have game day there or the entire nation talking about the game. I think our boys have plenty to play for and give give'em everything they have...win or lose. RTR.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
This will be a HUGE game for LSU and they are a team that has greatly improved over the course of the season. LSU will be ready. We better be prepared to match their intensity.

B

BamaJ

It took me til Wednesday, but I'm ready now. The video above is ok, but it's old. We need a 2014 Bama/LSU hype video with some pump it up music. Wish I was talented enough to make one. But, yeah, it's LSU week now folks. Let's go get em!!!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Agree that the excitement is less. Some of it may just be that level of excitement was unsustainable. Part of it is that LSU isn't ranked as highly this year (though I am in the camp of those who think this is our toughest remaining game). With Miss. State and *U highly ranked and at home, those seem bigger.

Some of it may just be apprehension because we haven't played very well on the road so far. And of course, we don't seem to be able to play a road game without having some critical injury, so you end up dreading what the cost will be in a hard-hitting game. It's not like "let's go beat the #3 Tigahs" it's more like "let's just get out of there with a win and no more key players in rehab so our Championship hopes are still alive."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
They have improved a lot given their roster full of freshmen and redshirted freshmen. I'm not quite convinced that they are ready for this game. You can get all hyped up, believe that they can win the game, but the thing is, Are they ready experience and mentally wise? I don't think so. We should be albe to handle them.
I believe that they are even younger than we, which explains the rapid development...

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I know one thing. This is the least board activity we've had in years in the week before LSU...
'Bama business-like attitude - players, coaches and fans too - toward what essentially is a playoff game for the Crimson Tide.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
They have improved a lot given their roster full of freshmen and redshirted freshmen. I'm not quite convinced that they are ready for this game. You can get all hyped up, believe that they can win the game, but the thing is, Are they ready experience and mentally wise? I don't think so. We should be albe to handle them.
I hope your right and I'd feel much better if this was anywhere other than their home field. But you've seen how different we are at home vs away......I think we need a fast start and early success. I'm sure CLK and CNS will do everything they can to make that happen with the play calling. If we weather the early storm, we should be OK. If LSU comes out hot....could be a real dog fight.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think this is correct, unless we lead off with some disastrous mistakes early on...

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Personal perspective:
Still don't have a real "feel" for this team; not like previous seasons under Saban. Well, except for the 2007 season.

No sense that there is a unit on either defense or offense that we can count on taking control of a game or a critical moment. Examples: 2012 offensive line; 2011 secondary; 2009 defense overall. We may be realllllly good, but I don't have the sense of "knowing" it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think the sense of the identity of the group this year is more in aligned with teamwork, checking their prides and ego at the door, hard work, everyone is the voice on the team situation. i think and I may be wrong, but Coach Saban said that the identify of the team doesn't have to be same as in the past, but what we are known for. Offense and Defense are improving each game. We're improving on the road. Sims handled himself well on the road against Tenn and His confidence is there. His major issues on the road was nervouness, missing reads and calling wrong plays.. but I think they fixed that, because You didn't see Kiffin changing lot of plays against Tennessee.

Personal perspective:
Still don't have a real "feel" for this team; not like previous seasons under Saban. Well, except for the 2007 season.

No sense that there is a unit on either defense or offense that we can count on taking control of a game or a critical moment. Examples: 2012 offensive line; 2011 secondary; 2009 defense overall. We may be realllllly good, but I don't have the sense of "knowing" it.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I hope your right and I'd feel much better if this was anywhere other than their home field. But you've seen how different we are at home vs away......I think we need a fast start and early success. I'm sure CLK and CNS will do everything they can to make that happen with the play calling. If we weather the early storm, we should be OK. If LSU comes out hot....could be a real dog fight.
stats from the Scab:
LSU's all time home winning percentage - .728
Bama's winning percentage at Tiger Stadium - .729
Home field, in this case, doesn't bother me that much. As long as BS is OK with it, Bama's OK with it.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I hope we do get an early lead. It is critical here, I think. Also, if we do get a lead, I hope neither the players nor the coaches get complacent and/or decide to sit on it and start running out the clock too early. Ask WVU about that. Maybe we learned a lesson in Knoxville.

JeremyS4Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 22, 2011
Alexander City, AL
Can we change the thread title to "It's LSU week, Let's make it feel like it!"

I'm pumped up! This is a huge game, and as much animosity as our team will face in Baton Rouge I want them to have just as much hype and support from us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.