Big Matchups This Saturday ( Playoff Implications)

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Alright ladies and gents, this is the 2nd biggest Separation Saturday showdown of the season. lose one more game, you're basically out of the Playoffs. Here are the marquise line up and my predictions:

Alabama @ Lsu ( Bama of course)
Kansas St. @ TCU ( TCU)
Ohio St. @ Michigan St. ( Michigan St.)
Baylor @ Oklahoma ( OU)
Norte Dame @ Arizona St ( ASU)
Oregon @ Utah ( Utah)

What are your thoughts on these games. :cool:

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Alright ladies and gents, this is the 2nd biggest Separation Saturday showdown of the season. lose one more game, you're basically out of the Playoffs. Here are the marquise line up and my predictions:

Kansas St. @ TCU ( TCU)
Baylor @ Oklahoma ( OU)
Oregon @ Utah ( Utah)

I'll take KState & Oregon. Baylor/OU is a toss up for me. I'm leaning OU but if it involved $$$ I'd go with Baylor.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think Alabama/LSU will be a 4 quarter game but I believe we'll pull through in the end.

I believe TCU will beat Kansas State at home.

Ohio State upsets Michigan State at East Lansing (you're welcome, B1GTide).

Baylor will finish off Oklahoma in Norman.

Arizona State will clobber Notre Dame, ending any playoff fantasy for the Fighting Irish.

I'm pulling for Utah, but ultimately Oregon will be too tough.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I'll take KState & Oregon. Baylor/OU is a toss up for me. I'm leaning OU but if it involved $$$ I'd go with Baylor.
Kstate aside from Alabama will have a murderer's row in the next 3 weeks. they get TCU, West Virginia and Baylor all on the road!! :eek2:

I like them this year and they should have beaten auburn, but I see them dropping 2 of the 3 games ahead of them, if not all 3. the 3 teams they will face have lots of offensive power and I don't know if Kstate can keep up. their defense is very solid and sound , but will it be enough?

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I think Alabama/LSU will be a 4 quarter game but I believe we'll pull through in the end.

I believe TCU will beat Kansas State at home.

Ohio State upsets Michigan State at East Lansing (you're welcome, B1GTide).

Baylor will finish off Oklahoma in Norman.

Arizona State will clobber Notre Dame, ending any playoff fantasy for the Fighting Irish.

I'm pulling for Utah, but ultimately Oregon will be too tough.
OSU is getting better and will be a good game, but I believe Spartans are just too sound on offense/defense to lose at home.
Baylor is not a very good team on the road, OU would love to spoil any chance BU has for the playoffs.
I agree ASU is the better team, the Irish luck will end.
Utah can make a big statement with a win against the ducks and dash their dreams for the playoffs.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Kansas State is capable of winning game. I think TCU is over rated. Ohio St will win. ND will lose. Utah has a way of pulling upset over Oregon.
The game against LSU will not be close. We have new offense, new coaches, they do not know what we will do.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Kansas St. @ TCU ( TCU)
Baylor @ Oklahoma ( OU)
Oregon @ Utah ( Utah)

I hope you are correct (except K State vs TCU, I hope K State wins that one).
I think Baylor may well beat OU and I believe Oregon will defeat Utah.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
TCU needed 5 WV turnovers in the WV end of the field - several in the red zone - to eke out a last second field goal win over WV. TCU did not impress me. I expect KState to win their matchup.

I'll be pulling for AzState, Utah, & OK.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Kansas St. @ TCU ( TCU)
Baylor @ Oklahoma ( OU)
Oregon @ Utah ( Utah)

I have been busy and have not had a chance to look at the games and this is a really good looking Saturday.

I think other than our game the best game is KSU and TCU and I see TCU winning in a close one. I agree with you SJC on all the games except for Oregon will beat Utah.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Bama over LSU comfortably.
K State over TCU ... I'm pretty impressed with the K State defense. I wasn't impressed with TCU vs W. Virginia.
Mich St over OSU in a good game. I hope OSU wins just because I like reading B1GTide's posts.
Oklahoma over Baylor just because Baylor should never win in Norman. That'd be like Vandy winning in Tuscaloosa.
Notre Dame over Az State. Sorry guys, the Irish luck rivals that of Auburn.
Oregon beats Utah comfortably.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Bama over LSU comfortably.
K State over TCU ... I'm pretty impressed with the K State defense. I wasn't impressed with TCU vs W. Virginia.
Mich St over OSU in a good game. I hope OSU wins just because I like reading B1GTide's posts.
Oklahoma over Baylor just because Baylor should never win in Norman. That'd be like Vandy winning in Tuscaloosa.
Notre Dame over Az State. Sorry guys, the Irish luck rivals that of Auburn.
Oregon beats Utah comfortably.
Baylor is no Vandy these days.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
You have LSU as the only one losing at home. Add OU and Utah.
Yes I do for the obvious reasons. as far as Utah and OU at home winning, I just get a funny feeling that Oregon will lay an egg at Utah, we can all hope anyway and have the love fest for the ducks to end once and for all!! IMO, OU would love to ruin Baylor's chances for the playoffs esp. with OU completely out of contention.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Kansas St. @ TCU ( TCU)
Baylor @ Oklahoma ( OU)
Oregon @ Utah ( Utah)

Bama
Ksu
OSU
Oregon
Oklahoma
Arz st

Next week will be separation Saturday with
bama vs MSU
Fsu@ Miami
Auburn@ UGA

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Bama--we're much better than they are
Oklahoma-They'll open up their running game and control tempo.
Michigan State-Because they're at home
TCU--Too much speed on offense
Arizona State-Maybe the biggest blowout of the day
Utah--Because they always beat a couple of teams they shouldn't, as we unfortunately know for a fact.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.