Jameis Winston accused of shaving points against Louisville

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
That's pretty much a good working definition of "sociopath." It's why guys like Cam and Jameis can operate seemingly undeterred while the world crashes down around them. You'll hear commentators talk about how they have ice in their veins, but it's really a disorder. Frightening.
And here I thought that no college football would ever top Cam. Congrats, Jameis, on being most terrible person that has ever played college football. That's a major accomplishment.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Have you ever heard him speak? There's no way you have and still think he's intelligent.
Speech does not necessarily reflect intelligence. When I was at Cal State Fullerton, one of my business professors asked the class a question, "If you had a salesperson that seemed to get along with your customers but he had a strong southern accent would you keep him?" The majority of the class said no that they could not have some redneck represent them. Most equated a Southern Accent to being ignorant.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Speech does not necessarily reflect intelligence. When I was at Cal State Fullerton, one of my business professors asked the class a question, "If you had a salesperson that seemed to get along with your customers but he had a strong southern accent would you keep him?" The majority of the class said no that they could not have some redneck represent them. Most equated a Southern Accent to being ignorant.
Irony wins.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I imagine it would depend on the situation. If you were selling computer software in New York, a strong Southern accent wouldn't be an asset. Selling used cars in Mississippi would make you rich if you had one. On the other hand, a Brooklyn or Boston accent wouldn't help in the deep South.

When I lived in Knoxville the local district attorney would drag out his accent when he was addressing the courtroom (when they showed clips of trials on the news). Despite the fact he likely attended UT law school, he was probably a pretty bright guy.

To me, an accent doesn't matter. Strong command of the English language is a mark of an educated person to me. I cringe when I hear a thick Southern accent using bad grammar.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I had this happen to me. I have an unusual accent even for someone who was born and raised in Birmingham. I had a person who worked for me that made the comment to someone else who worked for me that I was a "little slow". She was from New York who couldn't even fill out an expense report without me having to send it back every month due to mistake.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Rabb's involvement was orchestrated by the REC and the BOT as a way to have an excuse to shut down the Blazer football program.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think Chris Rabb may just be saying good bye to his college football career. Making a connection to Winston (even though it is widely know they are close friends) and point shaving is going to be a lot more difficult.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.