Anyone ever been mugged?

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
So I'm in North Dakota in the Bakken for work. Tuesday night I got knocked upside the head in the grocery store parking lot and knocked out apparently so bad that I blacked out. I was thrown into a ditch (reservoir?) and all my stuff was stolen from me, wallet and phone. My truck keys were located somehow miraculously by police somewhere behind the grocery store where my truck was parked and where the incident occurred. I was knocked out around 9:30 and It was midnight and about 20 degrees when I found myself banging on the closed subway door begging for help, I had no jeans on only my under armor leggings. I was bloody limping and soaking wet, my Alabama hoodie was bloody ripped and muddy. Cuts and bruises all over my lower back and legs the next morning. Watford City, ND Police are investigating and looking for a vehicle they believe was involved in the incident. Just wanted to take this opportunity to say I'm blessed to still be alive and that I love this forum and all who frequent here to make it such a good place. Sometimes when something life threatening happens it causes reflection. I was highly irritated that I am without my phone because I haven't been able to log onto tidefans (or FB) since Tuesday evening. Rest assured I will be getting my Concealed Carry permit as soon as I get back home in tulsa.

Anyways, any of y'all ever been mugged?

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Glad you are alright and it wasn't any worse. I hope they find the guilty party. I got robbed at gunpoint delivering a pizza back in 1998. Nothing compared to what you went through though.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Thank you, people just don't know how to act. I thought it was just florida. Apparently crazy infects a lot more of this country than just florida.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
me? no, but a coworker did. he was coming out of a bank in Atlanta. They knocked him out and took his wallet, keys, and briefcase. Police caught the two thugs in his car near his house. So these two scumbags were headed to his house to finish the robbery.

my sister and her boyfriend were carjacked as well.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Knock on wood..the closest we have had was someone breaking into our car in our drive way. Got a house alarm system and cameras after that.

I couldn't imagine having to deal with someone like that face to face. Scary.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Terrible experience, thank you for sharing it with us. So glad you were not more seriously hurt. Hope they catch and prosecute the thugs.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Dang, Warriors, really sorry to hear. Glad you're healing up, hope everything is OK...

I've not been mugged, no. It's likely a matter of chance as much as anything, but I'm a fairly big dude and I've suspected there have been times when guys were sizing me up and decided not to try. But again, doesn't matter how big you are if you never see them coming.

Again, really glad to hear you're ok.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I haven't personally been mugged, but I have several friends who were. Their experience, while bad, was not at violent as yours. They had knives pulled on them by a couple of dudes in Boston. They willingly gave up wallets and were left unscathed.

Hope your physical and mental injuries are not serious.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I had a friend in baltimore get a gun put in his face. they took his phone, wallet and pants.
he deserved it so there wasnt much to say about it.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Ye gods! That's awful! You never saw them coming?

Security tape showed they had some weapon. Pipe or cut down bat. I had no idea, I was walking and two guys were following me and a third came out from a parked vehicle ironically just in the camera frame, he clocked me in the side of my head. And the two guys dragged me into the bed of a flat bed truck and they drove off and went as far as it took to grab my things and kick me off the flatbed into a ditch that was pretty deep from the road. The police better find them before I do. Thanks for the kind words yall. Ya know, I went to HS at Davidson, where it's kinda 'thuggish' and I always thought I knew I could handle myself pretty well, so the fact that this happened doesn't really scare me, but it makes me realize how vulnerable I am, and how I'm not 'invincible'. I always thought those guys who've been mugged were either somewhere they shouldn't of been, or got themselves into the situation via mouth or something. I didn't ever think it would happen to me. So just be aware of whats going on around you at all times. Don't leave a store with someone following you. Etc..

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Glad to hear that you are ok.

I had a couple of guys rough me up in a hotel hallway in Memphis once. All they took was the cash from my billfold. Nothing like this though.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Security tape showed they had some weapon. Pipe or cut down bat. I had no idea, I was walking and two guys were following me and a third came out from a parked vehicle ironically just in the camera frame, he clocked me in the side of my head. And the two guys dragged me into the bed of a flat bed truck and they drove off and went as far as it took to grab my things and kick me off the flatbed into a ditch that was pretty deep from the road.
Yah, those guys didn't care if you lived or died. Stunningly cold.

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sad to say it is probably good you didn't see it coming. If you had fought back - 3 on 1, they may have killed you. Thugs. Hopefully the video will yield enough evidence to catch all 3 of them.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Ever been mugged? No, but I dress like Gene Simmons and carry a samurai sword. ;) Good to hear you're OK.

Security tape showed they had some weapon. Pipe or cut down bat. I had no idea, I was walking and two guys were following me and a third came out from a parked vehicle ironically just in the camera frame, he clocked me in the side of my head. And the two guys dragged me into the bed of a flat bed truck and they drove off and went as far as it took to grab my things and kick me off the flatbed into a ditch that was pretty deep from the road. The police better find them before I do. Thanks for the kind words yall. Ya know, I went to HS at Davidson, where it's kinda 'thuggish' and I always thought I knew I could handle myself pretty well, so the fact that this happened doesn't really scare me, but it makes me realize how vulnerable I am, and how I'm not 'invincible'. I always thought those guys who've been mugged were either somewhere they shouldn't of been, or got themselves into the situation via mouth or something. I didn't ever think it would happen to me. So just be aware of whats going on around you at all times. Don't leave a store with someone following you. Etc..
I've talked with several folks who've grown up in dangerous areas - Detroit, Brooklyn, south Chicago etc. To a person, they all said the single most important thing you can do to avoid getting mugged is not only to be aware, but also to appear to be aware. Muggers almost always use the element of surprise and target folks who don't look like they're paying attention. I always try to walk confidently, keep my head up and on a swivel. I always try to make eye contact and if someone looks squirrelly, I try to acknowledge them in some way, at least with a head nod, to let them know they're on my radar. Sucks that you have to be on defense when you're out and about. But you kind of do nowadays.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Ever been mugged? No, but I dress like Gene Simmons and carry a samurai sword. ;) Good to hear you're OK.

I've talked with several folks who've grown up in dangerous areas - Detroit, Brooklyn, south Chicago etc. To a person, they all said the single most important thing you can do to avoid getting mugged is not only to be aware, but also to appear to be aware. Muggers almost always use the element of surprise and target folks who don't look like they're paying attention. I always try to walk confidently, keep my head up and on a swivel. I always try to make eye contact and if someone looks squirrelly, I try to acknowledge them in some way, at least with a head nod, to let them know they're on my radar. Sucks that you have to be on defense when you're out and about. But you kind of do nowadays.
Absolutely correct. Always observe the #1 rule in self defense. Never willfully put yourself in a situation to where you become an easy target or victim.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.