The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
The Good: Our D was stellar tonight. Great to see them step up.

The Ugly: Thought about play calling but execution in the second half all the way around. Some of those play calls were good just didn't execute.

The Bad: People calling for Blake Sims to be replace by Coker "for next year." The kid is a gamer and a leader. He's become one of my favorites of the Saban era.

EDIT: Mods please edit the title to add "LSU game,"

Last edited:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
The Good: Intestinal fortitude of our team.

The Bad: Offensive playcalling and execution in second half.

The Ugly: Many posters on this forum disappointed me tonight. They displayed the worst traits of the fanbase.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This is one of those situations in which the last few minutes erased all the complaints I would have had.

Special teams? AG was clutch when he had to be.
Play calling? Not only did it come through in the end, but one could argue they were staying away from the running game because Yeldon was gimpy and we saw how that went.

I would agree that execution was bad, several drops, several just missed connections. Those go differently and it's a whole other ball game. The good? Alabama's will to win. The ugly? I have to go with that fumble, that's not the sort of thing a team is supposed to overcome.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yeah , I am not going to analyze either. Some things are too beautiful to be critical

Oh, and Auburn lost. Great, great day!!!

Last edited:

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Just finished watching the Coach Saban interview with SEC Nation...

Good - The team didn't quit. Defense could've quit because of how long they had been on the field in the second half. Offense could've quit because of the struggles and the Yeldon fumble/injury. I certainly had quit after the first LSU drive in the second half - I had accepted that eventually, Alabama was going to lose. However, the players didn't quit.

Bad - Execution. Constant problem all season, especially on road games. This actually has me a little bit worried about it should Alabama make it to Atlanta and beyond. But, again, Alabama won. Maybe we tighten up those issues now that we have three games at home.

Ugly - Emotion. Granted the game was in LSU at night, but I was getting more upset as the game wore on that it was more of Alabama not responding to LSU as opposed to LSU just manhandling Alabama. I think some of that is on the coaches as a whole, it could be tied to the bye week. I don't know, but definitely not the same emotion we saw in the Texas A&M game. Maybe that's a function of the venue, we'll see next week.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
Good: Defense most of the game, Foster on Kickoff coverage, Landon filling at line of scrimmage, Blake stepping up when it counted

Bad: Lack of rhythm on offense for a lot of the game, penalties, and non-called pass interference on throw to White in endzone

Ugly: Seeing T.J. hobble off the field, Gary trying to be neutral (albeit not too hard).

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hey, when you can go in to Tiger Stadium, at night, with LSU having two weeks to prepare, and getting an extra morale boost from Auburn losing today, and not have your best offensive performance for a good portion of the game, and still win...........IT'S ALL GOOD BABY!!!

Krymsonman

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
Hey, when you can go in to Tiger Stadium, at night, with LSU having two weeks to prepare, and getting an extra morale boost from Auburn losing today, and not have your best offensive performance for a good portion of the game, and still win...........IT'S ALL GOOD BABY!!!

Krymsonman
You're darn tootin!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The Good... Sims play in OT.
The Bad..... Yeldon injured again.
The Ugly.... Our lack of anything in the 3rd Qtr.

I have to give LSU credit for playing tough guy football with us.
Most of the night it looked like they were tougher, but our Offense and Defense came thru for us in OT.

My complaint tonight was that the Officials seemed to miss LSU holding all night. (Home Cooking?)

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
One complaint. Blake Sims, after practice is over. Take D White and go throw balls with him till your arm falls off and you can no longer over throw D white. Other than that. Rolllllll tide rollllll

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.