Oregon vs Utah-Game Thread

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
Close game. Utah probably should be ahead but the Utah receiver had another one of those bonehead plays where he drops the ball before crossing the goal line. resulting in a 99 yard Oregon TD.

Utah just scored. 27-20 Oregon. 3rd qtr

Last edited:

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
The Leon Lett play by the Utah receiver was a real turning point. I have a question though... It looked to me like after the Lett-impersonator dropped the ball, the Oregon guy who first touched it was a guy who had run toward the receiver... and his momentum carried him out of bounds. He came back in bounds and (I think...) was the first player on either team to touch the ball. Maybe all was OK... maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw... Doesn't matter now anyway.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The Leon Lett play by the Utah receiver was a real turning point. I have a question though... It looked to me like after the Lett-impersonator dropped the ball, the Oregon guy who first touched it was a guy who had run toward the receiver... and his momentum carried him out of bounds. He came back in bounds and (I think...) was the first player on either team to touch the ball. Maybe all was OK... maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw... Doesn't matter now anyway.
I'm not sure the "out of bounds and first man to touch the ball" matters on fumbles.
That Utah player is probably not the most popular guy on campus this morning.
I have never understood the need to drop the ball the instant you cross the goal line. Does the player get "cool points" for doing that? Dropping the ball once you run completely through the end zone and out of the back of the end zone is acceptable in my book, but dropping it the instant [you think] you have scored is monumentally stupid.
For this reason.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.