JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
LSU wrapup: Tide wasn’t great, but it was relentless
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 9th, 2014 02:34 AM

For a time during Alabama’s last-minute drive to tie the game and its lone series in overtime to win it, it seemed like every player who had ever been a part of a negative play in Alabama history was taking turns coming onto the field and […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
Great write up as usual. Only thing I would venture to add is J.K. Scott and his ability to flip the field. To me, this was a crucial part of the game. I think his worst punt was 40? He gave the D plenty of field to defend all night. RTR.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Outstanding review Jess thanks as always. Looking forward to the friendly confines of BDS to finish the regular season. Gutty performance by the defense and just enough offense when needed. These type games really define who you are as a team, well done.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
Thanks Jess.

Your quote, "The biggest challenge this week for Alabama will be for the coaching staff to quickly get the team off the emotional high it’s on now, and get ready for a dangerous Mississippi State team" is my biggest fear for next Saturday. After an emotional win in Death Valley in 2012 we came back and lost to Texas A&M. This week players have to impose the 24 hr rule on their emotional high and focus 110% on a pretty good MState team. We're not dancing with the stars yet, but we learned a few pretty good dance moves last night.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
I count myself as one who had lost hope after LSU kicked the FG. I was at work at the time and was walking to my car and heard a guy yelling Roll Tide it's overtime. I was like what tha! Thrilled

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Thanks Jess.

Your quote, "The biggest challenge this week for Alabama will be for the coaching staff to quickly get the team off the emotional high it’s on now, and get ready for a dangerous Mississippi State team" is my biggest fear for next Saturday. After an emotional win in Death Valley in 2012 we came back and lost to Texas A&M. This week players have to impose the 24 hr rule on their emotional high and focus 110% on a pretty good MState team. We're not dancing with the stars yet, but we learned a few pretty good dance moves last night.
We won't be overconfident. We will be the hunter this time. Dax is NOT Johnny Football. (edited for trying to type on an Ipad with bad eyes and big fingers)

Last edited:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
You are so right about the momentum carrying over from regulation into overtime for our offense. It was good that we lost the toss.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think managing the emotional high this week isnt the biggest issue. This team is hurting right now with various injuries. We are down to one RB with experience who I really want to see start blowing people up. Tyren Jones is going to need to get carries this week. But I am fearful of his blocking ability. No doubt Cam is still hurting mightily. Everybody is going to have to pull together to get through this gauntlet. I am so happy for these guys because they look much more like a team than last year.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Great post game analysis. Sims really does have "IT" when it comes to crunch time. White makes the game winning catch in the road again. Also big shoutout to Greene for making that catch.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think managing the emotional high this week isnt the biggest issue. This team is hurting right now with various injuries. We are down to one RB with experience who I really want to see start blowing people up. Tyren Jones is going to need to get carries this week. But I am fearful of his blocking ability. No doubt Cam is still hurting mightily. Everybody is going to have to pull together to get through this gauntlet. I am so happy for these guys because they look much more like a team than last year.
If Yeldon can't go, i'd expect Fowler to get 8-12 carries -- as the backup.....

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Great post game analysis. Sims really does have "IT" when it comes to crunch time. White makes the game winning catch in the road again. Also big shoutout to Greene for making that catch.
And for not fumbling! LSU players were trying hard to strip it, and he made sure to hold on with both arms around the ball. Easy to have ball security issues when you never touch the ball at all. Big time kudos to Brandon!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
And for not fumbling! LSU players were trying hard to strip it, and he made sure to hold on with both arms around the ball. Easy to have ball security issues when you never touch the ball at all. Big time kudos to Brandon!
Yeah that too. I thought he may fumble it but he didn't.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
An upgrade from A.J.?! Let's not get carried away. RTR!!!
In some areas he most certainly is. In some ways he's not. They're different in style but both have proven they are winners. I will tell you that AJ would not have made that first down on the final drive in regulation given that pressure. It would have been a 12 yard sack. AJ is gone so let's enjoy BS these final few games and support him with all of Bama nation. RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.