Link: Blake Sims tells the guys in the huddle "We Can Make History" on the last drive!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Re: Blake Sims tells the guys in the huddle "We Can Make History" on the last drive!

Blake isn't the natural born leader like some we've had in the past but I think maybe he works harder than any to be one.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Re: Blake Sims tells the guys in the huddle "We Can Make History" on the last drive!

Blake isn't the natural born leader like some we've had in the past but I think maybe he works harder than any to be one.
He has had 5 years to work harder than any of the other quarterbacks on the team.

I am tickled, surprised and feel very lucky and blessed we won the game. I am still at a loss of how a QB can look so comfortable and in control at home, but when you put him on the road in a hostile environment he can look confused and lost. I am glad of his god given athletic ability and thank the man upstairs he made first down with his legs on 3rd down in OT.

Oh an while I am saying thanks, thank CLK for ( fill in the blank). If it had not been for the Defense last nite we would have been taken to the wood shed. Kudos to Kirby Smart. Defense wins national championships. If we win the MNC this year , it wil be because of our defense.

Roll Tide and its better to be lucky than pretty.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

He has had 5 years to work harder than any of the other quarterbacks on the team.

I am tickled, surprised and feel very lucky and blessed we won the game. I am still at a loss of how a QB can look so comfortable and in control at home, but when you put him on the road in a hostile environment he can look confused and lost. I am glad of his god given athletic ability and thank the man upstairs he made first down with his legs on 3rd down in OT.

Oh an while I am saying thanks, thank CLK for ( fill in the blank). If it had not been for the Defense last nite we would have been taken to the wood shed. Kudos to Kirby Smart. Defense wins national championships. If we win the MNC this year , it wil be because of our defense.

It's tough being in Baton Rouge on a Saturday night, let alone in front of Millions of people on National TV. He did very well a couple of weeks ago on the road. My hat is off to him on that last drive.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Not trying to take away from what Blake said, but what history was made?

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al

Well none if we don't win out. But if we do, they will all look back to this game. Plus years down the road, when these two teams play, highlights from this game will be shown.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Well none if we don't win out. But if we do, they will all look back to this game. Plus years down the road, when these two teams play, highlights from this game will be shown.
Yea I think I read wrong or misunderstood. He was just talking about winning the game..

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Corny cliches don't have to make sense. They just have to work.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

At this point in the season, I wish the fan base would show Blake just a fraction of the loyalty he's shown towards the program. I think he's earned it.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

Lucky? Luck had nothing to do with winning this game.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

At this point in the season, I wish the fan base would show Blake just a fraction of the loyalty he's shown towards the program. I think he's earned it.
Yeah. He's our QB whether fans like it or not. Until our staff thinks that the alternative is better, that's the way it is!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Alabama Crimson Tide History! We won and it's what, 4 in a row? If it had been a loss it would have been bad history. If we had lost, we would be out of the Playoffs.

Let's make some more history this week. Hopefully, that history will not be made in the last 50 seconds of the game.

History could be how many seconds (47) it took to tie LSU so that we could go on and win it.

Two years ago didn't it take 48 seconds to drive down the field and win on that screen pass to T. J. Yeldon. So, history was made. It took one (1) less second to score this time.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

jmho, but this game goes down in crimson tide lore with the kick, etc.

we fumble in a tied game on our own 5 yard line with 1:30 or so to go, hold the who's (who are now a huge rival) to a fg, drive the field in 50 secs with no time outs to tie the game, then absolutely kill it in ot to leave no doubts about the outcome.

you cant write a better script for our history

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

jmho, but this game goes down in crimson tide lore with the kick, etc.

we fumble in a tied game on our own 5 yard line with 1:30 or so to go, hold the who's (who are now a huge rival) to a fg, drive the field in 50 secs with no time outs to tie the game, then absolutely kill it in ot to leave no doubts about the outcome.

you cant write a better script for our history
Reminds me of our OT loss to Georgia, but flipped.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Blake has quickly become one of my favorite players all-time. No he didn't have his best game last night but he owned that in post game comments.

He also led one of the best Clutch Ice Water Drives we've ever seen. That was up there with Gmac vs Aubie '09 and AJ vs LSU '12. That was also a textbook TD throw to White in OT on the pick/rub route.

I'll also say that even though he wasn't sharp the WR's did him no favors with dropped passes all night and CLK did him no favors with low % throws.

In the end he proved his continual leadership and made plays with his legs and arm and kept the team focused and believing. Most important believing... Something a lot of us gave up on after the fumble...myself included.

We couldn't wish for a better guy than #6 this year. This is his team...this bunch is a brotherhood.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Reminds me of our OT loss to Georgia, but flipped.
i was at that game. it was my wife's first (and only, so far) game, and to this day, it is, regardless of the outcome, one of the better games i have watched in person.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.