Link: LES MILES - 'Game left a bad taste in my mouth'( officiating)

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Ole Lester has taken up the LSU mantra, sounding like a corndog. He said he wanted to review the tape before commenting about the PF call and end of game, but makes a comment anyway.

[video]http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2014/11/lsu_coach_les_miles_i_have_a_b.html[/video]

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Re: LES MILES. 'Game left a bad taste in my mouth'( officiating)

Here is a second video rant that Les teeters on outright accusation of refs cheating for Bama. Saying ' I wonder if it was worthy'.

Wow

[video]http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2014/11/lsu_coach_les_miles_said_penal.html[/video]

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

And here I was thinking that the LSU defender keeping White from using his hand to catch the ball changed the complexion of the game.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

Here is a second video rant that Les teeters on outright accusation of refs cheating for Bama. Saying ' I wonder if it was worthy'.

Wow

[video]http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2014/11/lsu_coach_les_miles_said_penal.html[/video]
Ole Les is taking that one hard. He's trying very hard to not just outright say the refs cost them the game, but he's thinking that right now.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

And here I was thinking that the LSU defender keeping White from using his hand to catch the ball changed the complexion of the game.
On LSUs touchdown, to me, the ball moved after he got the one foot in bounds. I thought there wasn't enough evidence to overturn. Also the PF on Brown was an ' even up' call.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

When saw it was Ritter's crew [emoji12]

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL

What's stunning is the staggering amount of posters on barn and LSU boards who believe that Ritter ALWAYS cheats for Bama. Unreal. I nearly puked when I saw his crew was calling the game.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

You can go back and look at my posting history, and I say this all the time: officials rarely actually cost any team the game. So let's evaluate:

1) LSU had a first and goal on the Alabama 6 with 73 seconds left.

2) They got flagged for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (btw - even if we want to say that call was terrible, it was offset by the call on Brown when we were at the LSU one in OT)

3) They kicked a field goal with 50 seconds left.

In other words, LSU led Alabama by 3 with 50 seconds left, and the Tide not only had ZERO timeouts ON THE ROAD.....they were missing their TWO BEST RUNNING BACKS (Drake, out for year, and Yeldon, out with injury) for the final drive.

It isn't the officials fault that:

1) LSU's kicker gave the Tide the ball on the 35

2) Alabama drove close enough to kick a 27-yard field goal

3) Adam Griffith shockingly MADE the 27-yard field goal

4) Alabama lost the toss to give LSU the overtime advantage.....again, AT HOME

5) Alabama scored a touchdown to take the 20-13 win

6) Melvin Jones dropped a pass that would have helped in regulation and......on first down in OT

7) Anthony Jennings didn't run for the first down on the fourth down for the ballgame play

I mean....really.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

If he's going to send in the tape, he needs to send in the questionable calls that went LSU's way, too.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I would ask Les, would he rather lose in a game in which the refs let the players play, or in a game in which the refs throw 30 flags. This game was played in a way that could have resulted in the later. I am glad that we didn't have to sit through a flag-fest. No one knows what the outcome of that kind of game would have been.

These comments are a result of losing another game to Alabama that LSU could have and arguably should have won. It has to hurt. I'll cut him some slack unless he presses the issue later this week.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

What's stunning is the staggering amount of posters on barn and LSU boards who believe that Ritter ALWAYS cheats for Bama. Unreal. I nearly puked when I saw his crew was calling the game.
Make them watch the 2007 and 2011 LSU games and the 2013 aTm game (the worst officiating performance I have EVER seen)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

With some people, it's always the close call that went against them that was the difference in their losing the game, nevermind the multiple close calls that went the other way. I thought Les was a big boy, better than making that argument.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I'll be a tad more gracious to Miles than many here. Think about it: this dude CANNOT escape the shadow of the Nick-tator. His lone national championship was won with Saban's recruits. He has now somehow lost three out of four AT HOME to Saban. He lost a national championship in his virtual back yard to CNS.

I mean, can you imagine waking up this morning and being Les Miles? And you've been eminently successful across the board except for one nightmare you can't rid of......one that keeps stealing the money out of your pocket?

Folks - that game tonight might be enough to send Miles packing to the Big Ten and the Michigan job that's about to open up. And I'm serious about that.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

He doesn't have the chest to accept the loss...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.