Nominate a Alabama player who deserves the Game ball

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
ragland - notching 13 tackles with a hand he broke this week. That's special stuff right there.

J Reed - 15 tackles from the DE spot?!?! WHAT?!?! seriously, that's insane.

Almost like if Reed didn't get them at the line, that Ragland was going to clean it up.

I'm also going to call out Cyrus Jones. They tried to target him all night, and he won a lot more battles than he lost - he was even in just about perfect coverage on the TD, but the QB and CB just had that one a hair better, even though I thought he was still moving the ball around as he went out of bounds.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I saw that too. It is amazing that they kept going after him all night long. Teams have been doing that lately. I guess it's because of the PI calls that keeps going against him, and they were hoping for one.
ragland - notching 13 tackles with a hand he broke this week. That's special stuff right there.

Almost like if Reed didn't get them at the line, that Ragland was going to clean it up.

I'm also going to call out Cyrus Jones. They tried to target him all night, and he won a lot more battles than he lost - he was even in just about perfect coverage on the TD, but the QB and CB just had that one a hair better, even though I thought he was still moving the ball around as he went out of bounds.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Special Teams- Cole Mazza

Defense- co-awards to Reggie Ragland and Cyrus Jones

Offense- co-awards to Blake Sims and Cam Robinson

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Cole Mazza Definitely deserve the honor, because three tackles after snapping the ball. he's earning his scholarship left and right. I wonder if they have plans to use him litlte more in the game beside snapping the ball. He's real good at tracking the ball.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I say one to Adam Griffith for getting his groove back and making the crucial kicks.........

One to the defense for keeping LSU in check all night despite no offensive help...........

And a special ball to Reuben Foster for setting off the powder keg with that last hit on the kickoff. That set the tone for overtime. Krymsonman

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

just saw this on Saturdaydownsouth:

LSU went after junior cornerback Cyrus Jones big-time, with nine balls thrown his way resulting in just two receptions. He had good coverage on Malachi Dupre’s 14-yard touchdown, and the other was a 12-yard catch off a play-action in which the receiver broke off his route. Five passes were thrown sophomore Eddie Jackson’s way resulting in two catches for 13 yards and his first interception of the season when the receiver slipped.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.