Let's party like it's 1999! (Flashback to MSU vs. Bama '99)

CrimsonblakeII

Scout Team
Feb 19, 2012
Seattle, WA

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I think we are going to win this one. Too bad "Shorty" Price will not be there.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Remember '99? Where you there? State came to Tuscaloosa undefeated and on cloud 9, completely confident and cocky, bringing the most MSU fans in Tuscaloosa I can ever remember. Granted, State's offense is much better than '99 but their defense is much worse. I got a feeling that this game isn't even going to be close on Saturday.
Overconfident a little, aren't we??? The cowbells have had some overrated teams in the recent past but make no mistake...they are talented and they are coming to win! Their win over the corndogs in Death Valley was no fluke (though the who's may have overlooked them). They made the barners look silly. Everyone needs to realize that Mullen has been quietly building this team in Starkville and pound for pound they match up very well with Bama. This is going to be the most difficult game of the season by far so everyone needs to strap it up this weekend and prepare for a war!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
In 99 and 12 everyone knew bama was better and state was a team waiting to get beat. This year it is a little different, they have a legit offense and a good front 7 on defense. We can make all the "does MSU impress you" or "MSU is overrated" threads all week, but we are going to have face the reality Prescott is one of the best players in college football. If you honestly believe we are going to stop him like some fans I've heard for the past 7 weeks have said, then you might as well say that Anthony Jennings is a great young talent because he burned or defense on improvised runs last night. The thing that gives me the feeling that we win is how bad their pass defense is and the game being at bds. I still think we win by anywhere from 3-10 points, but dak concerns me.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Was there in '99. Upper deck was shaking BIG TIME! IIRC, that was the first year they did that stupid Who Let The Dogs Out dance on the sideline. Really fun to shut them down on the field and shut them up in the stands.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.