Pick the score: Mississippi State vs. Alabama

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I was waiting on the Games Of Interest thread to start this particular thread, and I know we are still on a high from last night's game, but it is Mississippi State week. We have the number 1 team in the country coming to town. It's going to be a dog fight.

Last time we beat LSU on the road, we didn't play all that well against AM the following week. Well State won't slip up on us like AM did. I think we make a statement.

Bama wins 31-21

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We are favored 6.5. I think we win 38-30. I think we get a key stop and they will get a garbage Td late to make it closer. It's gonna be a brawl though.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Overall I've got a good feeling about this game. Too early for a prediction, though. My concerns are depth at RB, health on the front seven, and focus after beating LSU. However, positives are how dominant we've been at home and how rockin' the stadium should be.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Oh, and I can see AC going off in this game, especially if Blake gets time against a deep, quality MSU DL.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
41-24 bama. I really don't see this being a very close game. Playing at home makes me think Sims/Cooper will have huge games. Also think Henry gashes them

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that Alabama scores about 41, and I think that Prescott will give you guys fits, but 41 will be more than enough with your defense.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
MSU offense is nowhere near as good as West Virginia. And their defense gave up 34 points to UAB. I think the pressure gets to them in this game and they get exposed. Bama 45-10.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I've been fairly conservative with my picks this year but I think this is a favorable matchup for us. This year we are a better passing team than running and MSU has POOR pass D. Sims, Cooper, and White should have NICE games.

I feel like MSU is balanced everywhere (but Pass D) and Dak Prescott is a player but our Defense has really gelled in Oct and last night. I think we can really limit their success on offense.

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone on this one....

'Bama 34 - MSU 20

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Wish I knew more about Yeldon, but for the sake of discussion, I will place a prediction of:

Bama 31
MSST 23

I do worry about Prescott's excellent running ability. Even against LSU, we still just simply cannot stop 3rd-down conversions on QB rushes up the middle. It was unreal how often they succeed on this. I sure hope practice this week focuses on plugging that hole. If we don't it will be a LOOONG night. MSST is coming off an easy game.

RTR!!!

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Little early yet, I haven't tried this all year.I did come in 5th one yr when we had the pickem,never did redeem my prize.Just to be honest,for the first time in a long time I am a little worried.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Will be close. We get every teams best shot. We are every teams biggest game of the year. 31-24 Bama..

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
We just went 12 rounds with Mike Tyson and MSU just knocked out Glass Joe.I think playing at home will help us with adrenalin pumping through our guys banged up bodies.Another close SEC battle 23-19 Good guys.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
We are averaging 48.5 points per game at home this season and allowing just 8.25 points per game at home this season. I think it holds close to this script and we win big.

We are very confident at home offensively and seem a step quicker and faster. The defense flies around the field and lays the wood when we are at home.

Bama 38
MSU 17

It may be a bigger margin than that. I won't be surprised.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
They don't have the defense to hang with us. Prescott will frustrate us at times, but other than that, what can they do? Our DBs are playing better right now and Prescott isn't a pinpoint passer, he's basically another Tim Tebow, he will stay patient, avoid pressure and fight to find the open man but he's not gonna be making it rain like Clint Trickett out there. Apart from having a dual threat QB, State really doesn't match-up well with us.

31-21 Bama.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think we win a blowout. MSU's pass defense is 121st out of 124 teams.

And what position does our best player play?

I think Lane Kiffin is going to tell Sims to drop back and let it fly - and if nobody is open, take off running.

I think Prescott gives MSU a chance if he can keep our offense on the sidelines. But we DO have a good D.

I think we win, 34-10. For those worried about LSU hangover.....go look at the difference in the MSU scores when we play at BDS and when we play at DWS (MSU).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.