Serious question, can an ordinary person send a message to the staff about a prospect

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I live in Carrollton, GA now and there is a 13 year old here who is 6-3 (legit) and easily 260-270 lbs. He plays middle school football now (OT-DT) and is simply dominant. They line him up at NT-DT and he consistently drives two, sometimes three guys into the backfield.

There's talk he'll play and probably start at the varsity level next year and Carrollton is one of the consistently better HS programs in the state, so it's not like it's some crappy program who needs all the help they can get.

This kid can literally eat 2 16 oz rib eye steaks, 2 huge baked potatoes and salad at one sitting. For his age, this kid is gigantic.

Again, he's 13. If it's possible, I'd like to see him at least on the staff's radar. I'm NOT telling or implying Bama needs to offer this kid but he sounds like he's going to be a monster by the time he's 16 and I'd hate to see him not even on the radar. I believe Carrollton is Kirby Smart's territory but don't know that for a fact.

I know his parents, huge Gator fans but are open to where ever he wants to go.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I live in Carrollton, GA now and there is a 13 year old here who is 6-3 (legit) and easily 260-270 lbs. He plays middle school football now (OT-DT) and is simply dominant. They line him up at NT-DT and he consistently drives two, sometimes three guys into the backfield.

There's talk he'll play and probably start at the varsity level next year and Carrollton is one of the consistently better HS programs in the state, so it's not like it's some crappy program who needs all the help they can get.

This kid can literally eat 2 16 oz rib eye steaks, 2 huge baked potatoes and salad at one sitting. For his age, this kid is gigantic.

Again, he's 13. If it's possible, I'd like to see him at least on the staff's radar. I'm NOT telling or implying Bama needs to offer this kid but he sounds like he's going to be a monster by the time he's 16 and I'd hate to see him not even on the radar. I believe Carrollton is Kirby Smart's territory but don't know that for a fact.

I know his parents, huge Gator fans but are open to where ever he wants to go.
If he is good he will be on th staff's radar. Probably a little to young for any serious recruitment just yet..

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Try Alabamaneedstoseethiskid.com or tweet: #Alabamaneedstoseethiskid

Seems to work with everything else...........:biggrin2:

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Yes he is to young. Once in high school the coach knows how to send out info. We are in full recruiting mode now. No need to rush anything because the recruiting process is not great for a kids head anymore.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Yes he is to young. Once in high school the coach knows how to send out info. We are in full recruiting mode now. No need to rush anything because the recruiting process is not great for a kids head anymore.
You'd have to see this kid to believe how modest, unassuming and polite he is. VERY down to earth and doesn't have the big head and I don't believe his parents would allow that to ever happen.

He's very much a "yes, sir", "no ma'am" kind of kid. No idea what's going to happen long term with him but I don't ever see him getting an attitude or an ego. He's just a good kid from a good family.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
He's very much a "yes, sir", "no ma'am" kind of kid. No idea what's going to happen long term with him but I don't ever see him getting an attitude or an ego. He's just a good kid from a good family.
I believe that but recruiting is a nasty business and not something I would rush into. Just do camps and let it come to him until at least his soph year.

But if you really want send something put a huddle highlight together and call the Mal Moore athletic facility front desk and ask for the e mail.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
camps and 9th grade film will do all he needs to do....

I'm sure the school probably has Hudl....it has changed the game as far as compiling and sending film.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Write separate, brief letters to coaches Smart Napier, Thompson, Cristobal, c/o Athletic Dept. Probably as good as anything else you can do.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.