A House Divided in Mississippi- "Dad, Why does Alabama always win?"

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Guys, I'm married to a Barn girl for almost 30 years now. Fortunately for me, she was in the Lee County pasture during the Barfield era of the late 1970's so she learned quickly how to be apathetic towards football. And even with all the trips to Tuscaloosa over the years with both of my kids, the games, the tailgating, the trips to the Bryant Museum, etc., they both turned out to be Aubies. Even worse, the oldest left Auburn after two and is finishing his undergraduate work and heading to graduate school at, of all places, LSU. Needless to say there was a pretty heated exchange on Facebook in the wee hours of Sunday morning after a "whining" post about officiating in the game on Saturday. I told him to stop his whining because it was not being done because of his loyalty to LSU but was driven by his hate of all things "Alabama" and the little brother syndrome nurtured in his two years at the West Georgia School of Plausible Deniability.

Yep...I'm a failure as father and yep...it sucks to be me.:frown:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Guys, I'm married to a Barn girl for almost 30 years now. Fortunately for me, she was in the Lee County pasture during the Barfield era of the late 1970's so she learned quickly how to be apathetic towards football. And even with all the trips to Tuscaloosa over the years with both of my kids, the games, the tailgating, the trips to the Bryant Museum, etc., they both turned out to be Aubies. Even worse, the oldest left Auburn after two and is finishing his undergraduate work and heading to graduate school at, of all places, LSU. Needless to say there was a pretty heated exchange on Facebook in the wee hours of Sunday morning after a "whining" post about officiating in the game on Saturday. I told him to stop his whining because it was not being done because of his loyalty to LSU but was driven by his hate of all things "Alabama" and the little brother syndrome nurtured in his two years at the West Georgia School of Plausible Deniability.

Well, it's toooooooo late to give you any parenting advice. Did your kids have a bama shirt at birth or baby outfit? Did they have a Bama pacifier? Did they watch Bama games with you growing up?

My son was born and grew up with all kinds of Bama stuff. Then as a teenager wore Harvard and Notre Dame sweat shirts. Then he did an evil thing. He went to Texas A & M! He and I don't communicate on Bama vs aTm game days. He told me at the beginning of the year that aTm was taking over the SEC! I still haven't rubbed it in regarding that 59 to 0 spanking that aTm received. When you win traditionally like Alabama, you don't have to play those kind of head games.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
My best friend is marrying an Auburn girl. She has converted him into one.

My sister married an Auburn guy, not the good kind either. His whole fambly is nuts and are the jerk kind of fans.

Personally I don't think I would ever marry an Auburn girl, but I did "date" one.

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
RTR!! I'm still alive & dominance once again was reaffirmed in my house but it wasn't easy. This is the look I just received after the game! hahaha

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
RTR!! I'm still alive & dominance once again was reaffirmed in my house but it wasn't easy. This is the look I just received after the game! hahaha

From those looks, I think I'd find another place to sleep tonight. It's cold outside, but that look may be even COLDER! That looks like one angry momma! Get to a safe place while you still can!

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
I wouldn't marry an Aub no matter what she looks like. Just won't happen. Oh and im already married too, so the chances are even more slim.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
God Blessed me in allowing me to marry a girl from Enterprise, Al. It is one of the best places on the planet for Bama fans. At the time I lived next door to Wilbur Jackson in Ozark.

I have a lot of family that are Barners & that's ok, I respect all SEC teams except one 10RC.

I hate them & always will.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I married a barn girl. But when she saw what life is like off the pasture, she quickly converted. Now she cheers on Bama like she was born to it. Wears houndstooth and crimson every Saturday and everything. See? They can be reformed.
One of the biggest Bama fans I know graduated from AU. In fact, he's the lead moderator on another Bama board...

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I think claiming to be the "Master" in a home with your wife is asking for a LOT more trouble than any kind of football rivalry can bring.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Yea...I hear they are doing really good this year. Last I heard they were ranked 5. JSU class of '93 here. :)
I married a Gamecock girl class of '86. They were third in last week's poll and wrapped up their conference championship yesterday.

I would not have married a barner and she would not have married a Troy boy.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I married a Gamecock girl class of '86. They were third in last week's poll and wrapped up their conference championship yesterday.

I would not have married a barner and she would not have married a Troy boy.
LOL...she went to JSU alright. Whup Troy and Blow Southerners!

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa

It's one thing if one of those schools wants to give my kid a scholarship that they may not get at UA, but I just can't see myself giving money for my kid to go to the barn, lsu, or ut. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamafanNPC

3rd Team
Jan 3, 2007
Pell City, AL
I married a Barn fan, and she is a big Bama fan now. Cant stand the Barn now. I converted her a year after we got married. She new I would never pull for them so she decided it would be best for our marriage if we both pulled for the same team. It also helped that I told her she could buy anything Bama and I would pay for it, but I wouldn't pay for anything Barn.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
One of the biggest Bama fans I know graduated from AU. In fact, he's the lead moderator on another Bama board...
My FIL grew up as a 'Bama fan, and is still a huge 'Bama fan, but he signed with AU and played freshman football there in the late '60s. In fact, his position coach was Bill Oliver. He had hoped to play at Alabama, but Coach Bryant didn't recruit him and signed with Troy St, though he played at the Alabama HS All Star game that was held at BDS. Shug Jordan offered him late and he signed with AU. He played QB and DB in high school and had always thrown up right before every game. I think he got too sick to play before the freshman game against Alabama and didn't play.

Anyway, he didn't like it at AU, transferred to a smaller college, and gave up football. I think he was witness to some shenanigans there and didn't appreciate how some of the things were covered up. He's glad he gave up football because he thinks he would be in a wheelchair now. But, he's still a hugh 'Bama fan, raised my wife as a 'Bama fan (we met at UA), and he still goes to some of the games with us.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.