A House Divided in Mississippi- "Dad, Why does Alabama always win?"

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
So, my wife is a graduate of MSU and for 11 years of marriage I have never felt like we were a house divided. After all, she did travel with me & support the Tide in the last 2 championships. I even went with my wife's family this year to the MSU/Au game & actually gave my own self a headache by the 2nd quarter from trying to ring a cowbell as hard as I could in some Au ears! Yesterday on FB, my mother-in-law chimes in, "This is the biggest game this house divided has ever seen!" For me, I have always labeled it "A House With A Master!" The question is..... with all the house divided signs I see driving around, I have this idea of making a plate that says "A House With A Master!" and have a picture of Big Al sitting on top of little Bully with his big foot on top of him... If Bama wins Saturday(which of course I think they will), do you think I should do it? BTW.... her side of the family & the feeling I get here in Ms is that they are preparing for a loss to Bama...and for the record my 10 yr old daughters mantra during this game is "Roll Dawgs!" Even if she does ask me, "Dad, why does Alabama always win?"

P.S. No, that was not "my" cowbell as I do NOT own one!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I've never understood the house divided nonsense- especially when its Bama and AU. I would never marry an AU fan. I'm dead serious about that..

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I've never understood the house divided nonsense- especially when its Bama and AU. I would never marry an AU fan. I'm dead serious about that..
Years ago I dated a Barn girl. She was very cute and had a great sense of humor. This was back in the 80's when the Barn was winning a lot. It didn't take long to figure out we were incompatible. She was raised in the Barn.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
So, my wife is a graduate of MSU and for 11 years of marriage I have never felt like we were a house divided. After all, she did travel with me & support the Tide in the last 2 championships. I even went with my wife's family this year to the MSU/Au game & actually gave my own self a headache by the 2nd quarter from trying to ring a cowbell as hard as I could in some Au ears! Yesterday on FB, my mother-in-law chimes in, "This is the biggest game this house divided has ever seen!" For me, I have always labeled it "A House With A Master!" The question is..... with all the house divided signs I see driving around, I have this idea of making a plate that says "A House With A Master!" and have a picture of Big Al sitting on top of little Bully with his big foot on top of him... If Bama wins Saturday(which of course I think they will), do you think I should do it? BTW.... her side of the family & the feeling I get here in Ms is that they are preparing for a loss to Bama...and for the record my 10 yr old daughters mantra during this game is "Roll Dawgs!" Even if she does ask me, "Dad, why does Alabama always win?"

P.S. No, that was not "my" cowbell as I do NOT own one!
C'mon, be a man. Have the plate made before the game.:wink:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Think of it as the Rt. 82 West House Divided - 'Bama's the penthouse of SEC football, the Maroons keeping their divided distance as the traditional outhouse.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I broke up with a girl when I found out she was Aubie and her political affiliation was not the same as mine. There was no way that relationship was going to work.

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
You have been married 11 years; you are attending MSU games and wringing cowbells; you live in MS ... we can all tell who the 'real' master in your house is. :D
LOL.... I have attended 2 games in 11 years in Starkville and one was a Bama game & the other against Au this year. I have to admit, I had the Barners around me completely confused & ticked off everytime I yelled "Come on State, you can't lose to the SECOND best team from Alabama!" as I was ringing that cowbell in the back of their heads. :)

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
LOL.... I have attended 2 games in 11 years in Starkville and one was a Bama game & the other against Au this year. I have to admit, I had the Barners around me completely confused & ticked off everytime I yelled "Come on State, you can't lose to the SECOND best team from Alabama!" as I was ringing that cowbell in the back of their heads. :)
^^ LOL!

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Second? Not sure about that, Jax State is having a pretty good year last I heard. JSU class of '73. :)

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I married a barn girl. But when she saw what life is like off the pasture, she quickly converted. Now she cheers on Bama like she was born to it. Wears houndstooth and crimson every Saturday and everything. See? They can be reformed.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I married a barn girl. But when she saw what life is like off the pasture, she quickly converted. Now she cheers on Bama like she was born to it. Wears houndstooth and crimson every Saturday and everything. See? They can be reformed.
Dude, watch out, they are a sneaky bunch. I'd sleep with one eye open if I was you, that's all I'm sayin'. :wink:

bamakasie

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 13, 2008
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
It sounds like you have a good relationship with your in-laws, so it's probably okay to do. Having a sense of humor is one of the most important things in life. I have been married to an Auburn grad for 13 years, and he jokes we can only be married because we live in Tennessee and can therefore focus all our hatred on them instead of each other's teams :) He's mellowed more over the years than I have. He even pretends to root for Alabama sometimes because he doesn't want me to be in a bad mood if we lose. I respond by not openly rooting against Auburn. Whatever works for you! BTW, one of my SILs is a Tennessee fan and she told me it's ridiculous that we don't watch football games together. I thought, "Do you want to watch a marathon of the last eight beat downs Alabama has put on Tennessee?" Maybe that would be a good way to bond :) You just have to shake your head at some people and move on.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
My wife nominally pulls for Tennessee (she has some relatives who actually work at UT and they have given us some tickets for Bama/UT games as long as we don't reveal who gave them to us ;) ). It's never an issue though as she doesn't really even watch football unless she and I go to a game (which is rare for both of us). I sure hope we beat MSU but honestly, if they beat us, I don't have a problem rooting for them to win it all. I always pull for SEC (unless it's Auburn). If your folks have a sense of humor, I don't think it will be a problem. They know you're classy (most likely), so I'm sure they know you're just having some fun.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.