Say Something Good About Mitippi Tate

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Weren't they called the Maroons and changed it to the Bulldogs.

The Mittittippi Tate Maroons to the Mittittippi Tate Bulldogs.

Why do they ring Cow Bells since they are the Bulldogs? Are they just confused farmers?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Their folklore is that during one of their early games a cow wandered onto the field and that's when the cowbells started. It's sort of a neat tradition if it weren't so annoying to their opponents.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If I'am not mistaken I believe Jason Simpson (weather man on WHNT News out of Hunstville) is a Mississippi Grad.
He is and good at it. One thing I like is that he's from Holly Pond, so he doesn't stumble over the names of local places, like "Vahermoso Springs, or "Lacy's Spring," instead of "Lacy Springs," like all the imported meteorologists do for a couple of years...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
They have a very good Pro Golf Management School. My son will graduate from it next year. Finally get to retire. This is one week of the year I hope we send the Dogs to a watery grave.
My family on my dad's side is filled with MSU grads and students. One of my cousins graduated about five years ago from the Golf Management School and had job offers waiting for him before finishing. So they have some good things going on.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
My family on my dad's side is filled with MSU grads and students. One of my cousins graduated about five years ago from the Golf Management School and had job offers waiting for him before finishing. So they have some good things going on.

They've never failed to place a PGM student (graduate) in a meaningful golf industry job since 1984. Can't wait to get my son off my payroll.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I have been wondering that myself!
http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=926236

The most popular legend is that during a home football game between State and arch-rival Mississippi, a jersey cow wandered onto the playing field. Mississippi State soundly whipped the Rebels that Saturday, and State College students immediately adopted the cow as a good luck charm. Students are said to have continued bringing a cow to football games for a while, until the practice was eventually discontinued in favor of bringing just the cow's bell.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Weren't they called the Maroons and changed it to the Bulldogs.

The Mittittippi Tate Maroons to the Mittittippi Tate Bulldogs.

Why do they ring Cow Bells since they are the Bulldogs? Are they just confused farmers?
Something to do with a cow on a farm nearby got on the field years ago.

TideFan40

1st Team
Nov 7, 2006
Athens, AL
If anyone ever figures out how to solve our country's problems via enema, Starkville has done a wonderful job campaigning to be the point of entrance.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I do have one thing...

Their #1 ranking is good. It helps keep our team focused to play hard. If they came in with 1 or 2 losses and outside the top 10...I would be very worried about our focus.

No looking past this team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.