Obamacare architect admits to deceiving public to get law passed

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
never call that idiot an architect. it is insulting to people who actually are.
Well he may be the architect of the destruction of this country! He's an architect of destruction, apparently you are an architect of construction! So, I can see the legitimate use of that word in relation to the One.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Does anyone find this surprising at all? Be honest.
I don't find it surprising, but it just might be the proverbial straw that converts me from a member of the silent majority to a stark raving lunatic. I've had enough of this administration's crap, lies, and cover-ups.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Definition of "metaphor."

I get how you feel, though. I get the same thing when someone compares a football game to a "war."
Nope. Nobody is going to get blown up or shot. Nobody is going to die. The fates if nations will not be determined. It is just an intense competitive contest. If you were to take some of the sports journalists (the very lowest of the species) and plop them down in a real war, they would probably stop using that metaphor.
The same is true of people who compare the aftermath of a tornado or other natural disaster to that of a war zone. Most of them have never actually seen a war zone and don't know what they're talking about. There is disaster in both, but otherwise the two have absolutely nothing in common.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Really? You're a bit off your game this morning.:tongue:
K. I'll get back on it.

It's become abundantly clear that practically everything that's been said about The Affordable Care Act has been proven to be true. With all due respect, exactly who was Gruber referring to when he referenced the "stupidity of the American voter?"

I don't think it was referencing those who opposed its passing and implementation.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
K. I'll get back on it.

It's become abundantly clear that practically everything that's been said about The Affordable Care Act has been proven to be true. With all due respect, exactly who was Gruber referring to when he referenced the "stupidity of the American voter?"

I don't think it was referencing those who opposed its passing and implementation.
He should have said, "and also thanks to the active participation of the American media in the plot to deceive," but he left that out.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
He should have said, "and also thanks to the active participation of the American media in the plot to deceive," but he left that out.
I still can't get past "we have to pass the bill so we can find out what is in it."

That's when I knew this thing was an absolute partisan political disaster on the American people.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Another video emerges of Jonathan Gruber calling American voters stupid. Congrats Democrats...your elitist, MIT/Harvard educated economist thinks you are stupid...I think he's on to something.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Another video emerges of Jonathan Gruber calling American voters stupid. Congrats Democrats...your elitist, MIT/Harvard educated economist thinks you are stupid...I think he's on to something.

I thought he said he simply misspoke...now, apparently, more than once and on separate occasions. How does one say repeatedly what one never intended to say?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...humiliating-the-administration-over-obamacare

Rich Weinstein is not a reporter. He does not have a blog. Until this week, the fortysomething's five-year old Twitter account had a follower count in the low double digits.“I’m an investment adviser,” Weinstein tells me from his home near Philadelphia. “I’m a nobody. I’m the guy who lives in his mom’s basement wearing a tinfoil hat.” (He's joking about the mom and the tinfoil.)
He's also behind a series of scoops that could convince the Supreme Court to dismantle part of the Affordable Care Act. Weinstein has absorbed hours upon hours of interviews with Jonathan Gruber, an MIT professor who advised the Massachusetts legislature when it created “Romneycare” and the Congress when it created “Obamacare.” Conservatives had been looking for ways to demonstrate that thewording of the ACA denied insurance subsidies to consumers in states that did not create their own health exchanges. Weinstein found a clip of Gruber suggesting that states that did not create health insurance exchanges risked giving up the ACA's subsidies; it went straight into the King v. Burwell brief, and into a case that's currently headed to the Supreme Court.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
http://dailysignal.com/2014/11/12/h...macare/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Former DNC chairman Howard Dean responded to Morning Joe host Mika Brzezinski’s comment that Gruber’s statement “might be a problem.”

“The problem is not that he said it. The problem is that he thinks it,” said Dean about Gruber, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor. “I’m serious. The core problem of the d— law is that it was put together by a bunch of elitists who don’t fundamentally understand the American people. That’s what the problem is.”
Ron Fournier at the National Journal describes his political ideology as “amorphous” and says that he has “openly rooted for Obamacare’s success.”

Upon hearing Gruber’s remarks, Fournier wrote that “even I have to admit, as a supporter, that Obamacare was built and sold on a foundation of lies,” adding that, “He called you stupid. He admitted that the White House lied to you. Its officials lied to all of us—Republicans, Democrats and independents; rich and poor; white and brown; men and women.

Liberals, said Fournier, “should be the angriest:”

Not only were they personally deceived, but the administration’s dishonest approach to health care reform has helped make Obamacare unpopular while undermining the public’s faith in an activist government. A double blow to progressives.
Also:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...eryone-else-is-only-thinking-about-obamacare/

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I actually feel sorry for several of our left-leaning members. They're stuck in the awkward position of having defended this administration and the democrat party for so long and now finding out that they've been lied to, that everyone's been lied to. It's sort of having a favorite player on a particular sports team and then finding out that all this time he/she's been both shaving points and betting on their team to a bookie. So sad...

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
FIFY Howard:

"The core problem of the d— law is that it was put together by a bunch of elitists like GW_Law who don’t fundamentally understand the American people. That’s what the problem is.”

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.