Obamacare architect admits to deceiving public to get law passed

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I will add that when Obamacare was going through committee or some such thing and could have been killed a woman repu voted it out with the excuse to keep debate going. Made no sense whatsoever at the time as I kept lamenting, "Why the hell would you do that?!" It has become more and more clear to me that the whole thing is orchestrated. Not every little part, but the overall effect. If someone important enough wants it bad enough it gets done no matter what. Not 2 cents difference in the parties. They are beholden to each other and to their masters.
In the words of Russell Casse "Good God! I've been sayin' it. I've been sayin' it for ten damn years. Ain't I been sayin' it, Miguel? Yeah, I've been sayin' it. "

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I will add that when Obamacare was going through committee or some such thing and could have been killed a woman repu voted it out with the excuse to keep debate going. Made no sense whatsoever at the time as I kept lamenting, "Why the hell would you do that?!" It has become more and more clear to me that the whole thing is orchestrated. Not every little part, but the overall effect. If someone important enough wants it bad enough it gets done no matter what. Not 2 cents difference in the parties. They are beholden to each other and to their masters.
You notice how little of this was done, in the open. They did that with HilaryCare, and "transparency" got it killed. The radicals learned their lesson, well. The repubicans...............not so well.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
http://reason.com/archives/2014/11/18/yes-jonathan-gruber-is-an-obamacare-arch

Indeed, by trying to escape his remarks, Obamacare's defenders are amplifying Gruber's essential point, which wasn't that Obamacare supporters made up spectacular fabrications but instead that they heavily shaded the truth, presenting it and editing it in a way intended to create a false but politically convenient impression: The deception that he described regarding the crafting and selling of Obamacare is again on full display as supporters of the health law desperately attempt to diminish and downplay the role of one of its key architects, despite the plain evidence to the contrary.
As an episode in the ongoing saga of Obamacare, it’s both revealing and confirming: The White House and its allies are misleading the public about Gruber just as they have about the law. They don’t want the public to know the full truth about either.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The biggest thing this says to me is not that the lies of the government are exposed. It's not that they lie to the people about the extent they will go to pass laws. It's that they think it's OK to do so. And what will be the peoples' reaction to that, pray tell? It will be that turnabout's fair play. You lie to me about making and passing laws. I'll lie to to you about my responsibility to obey them. You will use the IRS to enforce the law. I'll lie to the IRS about how much money I make, and the deductions I seek in order to reduce my own taxable income.
Don't preach to me about how honest I should be in dealing with you when you laugh in my face and tell me how you've deceived me in passing and enacting laws to which I'm going to be subjected. In fact, I just might refuse to file any income taxes at all.
Iow, you screw me, I'm going to screw you right back, and I won't think there's one wrong thing in doing it.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Actually, anything the House believes is a "high crime or misdemeanor" is an impeachable offense.
The House could impeach, and the Senate remove, a Federal officer for wearing ugly neckties, as long as they are willing to go back before the electorate in the next election after making that judgement.
So the right is upset when the supreme court "interprets" a document that also allows for impeachment of the POTUS for jaywalking?:conf3:

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I saw Gruber get questioned on his way to a building by a Fox News reporter. He said "No Comment" when asked if he felt voters were still stupid. It was raining, and the reporter sort of got under his umbrella with him while shoving the microphone in his face. Good stuff.

I can't wait until Trey Gowdy gets hold of this elitist clown.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
What surprises me is the cynical hubris of these folks do it brazenly in the public eye, and that includes Obama and crew. He's more tactful, but just as belligerent.
The problem with Obama is that he looks on himself more as a king than President. That's not his fault, really, because neither the media, nor members of Congress, or anyone else in DC have ever held him accountable for his actions. No one ever bothered to tell him (as if he really needed being told) what he could or couldn't do. As a result, and not unlike an unruly child, he stretched the boundaries as far as he could. He hasn't reigned in his behavior because no one has slapped his hand and told him "No!".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.