Alabama vs Montevallo

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Just got home. Here are my beginning of the year observations:

I really wanted to see Tarrant, and Kessens, neither played nor did Obasahan. How do 2 guys who haven't played in a year begin the season injured.

We looked like we are going to struggle to find a consistent scorer other than Hale. Levi scored off the dribble fairly well most of the night. Levi is the clear leader. Coleman was quick as a tick, but kind of smallish. He also hit several 3's. Riley Norris looked very active and banged pretty hard when he was in the game. He looked taller and bigger than I thought he'd be. I think he scored 6. Taylor missed several jams and all 4 of the free throws he shot. We were out rebounded by Montevallo which is not a good sign. Cooper was about like he always is, up and down. In fairness he has played out of position for the last 3 years. Jeff Garrett played, but I didn't really notice him very much. Devin Mitchell looked OK. He can shoot and looks athletic.

I have to wonder what this team will look like when all the pieces are there. Maybe we'll see Friday night. If tonight was any indication and I don't think it was, I am not very encouraged.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think this is just preseason... I see lot of talent on the team. I saw some good and some bad plays... I just hope that they can continue to get better as season goes along, and I think this is the right team with right combination of players... THis could be the year we can win 25 games...

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
I'm Mr. Optimistic, but I liked what I saw. Just seemed like more leadership on the team this year- with Levi at Captain. And it won't be "Releford or Bust" this year- possibly more balanced scoring. Key to the whole season is winning a couple of key DEC. OOC games so we at least have a SHOT at the big dance. Still see us as around 9-7 SEC.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I do think the leadership will be better. I was never a Releford fan. He showed very little leadership IMHO. He never got on his teammates about lackadaisical play or missing assignments. We need someone who will hold the other players accountable on and off the floor.

I am very concerned about our ability to rebound again this year. We will have to rely on a lot of kids who are freshman and haven't actually played together yet. It may take a while for us to gel. If Kessens, and Tarrant don't pan out, it could be a long year.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I thought taylor hit his last two freethrows, wait maybe that was hale
Taylor did hit his last two, but was 2 of 6 on the game. Those last two looked like he had decent form, but Bryan Passink commented on the webcast that he still had the side spin on the ball.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
I think this is the right team with right combination of players... THis could be the year we can win 25 games...
I'm sorry but what on earth has happened under Grant that makes you think there is any chance of that?

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I'm sorry but what on earth has happened under Grant that makes you think there is any chance of that?
2011-25 W's
2012-21 W's
2013-23 W's
oh my bad, I guess we only base it on last year when we had a pretty bad dose of injuries and losing players due to momma's being idiots. Not to mention our inside game last year was a joke. We'll be improved this year

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.