Trip to LSU - what a dream!

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
First let me say I didn't experience ANY of the horrible behavior reported Saturday night. My crew couldn't have been treated better than we were in Baton Rouge. From the employees at the airport to the cab drivers, hotel workers, stadium personnel, normal everyday fans, etc... everyone was so hospitable. I guess that all changed for a few thousand at the stadium.

It was an incredible trip all the way around. First, we run into Eli Gold at dinner Friday night. Get pictures, chat football with Eli, etc... The one thing we forgot to ask him was to say TOUCHDOWN ALABAMA. :) We notice the ESPN/DirecTV Drive to the Championship Bus at our hotel once coming in from dinner. We leave a note totally joking basically explaining we're the flight crew for the Alabama football team (which for those of you that know, we really are) and basically asking for a ride to the stadium the next day. I get a text the next morning inviting us along. Yes seriously, to ride to the game in the ESPN Championship Bus! :cool: Pictures galore all day, sitting in the seat Saban had just been interviewed in that morning not to mention getting to park uh RIGHT AT THE STADIUM. :BigA: We get invited back to visit the bus again this coming Saturday.

We get GREAT seats to the game. The whole final drive and OT thing, and the rest is history. The flight home was great. Hugs and happiness and I'm sure much relief by those of us that are older than teenagers.

I mean if they ask me to flip the coin Saturday at the game I don't know that it could get much better than this past weekend. LOL.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Glad it was a memorable trip, I am envious as well. The Tiger fans aren't as bad as some make them out. I have been 4 times, and always treated great.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
First let me say I didn't experience ANY of the horrible behavior reported Saturday night. My crew couldn't have been treated better than we were in Baton Rouge. From the employees at the airport to the cab drivers, hotel workers, stadium personnel, normal everyday fans, etc... everyone was so hospitable. I guess that all changed for a few thousand at the stadium.

It was an incredible trip all the way around. First, we run into Eli Gold at dinner Friday night. Get pictures, chat football with Eli, etc... The one thing we forgot to ask him was to say TOUCHDOWN ALABAMA. :) We notice the ESPN/DirecTV Drive to the Championship Bus at our hotel once coming in from dinner. We leave a note totally joking basically explaining we're the flight crew for the Alabama football team (which for those of you that know, we really are) and basically asking for a ride to the stadium the next day. I get a text the next morning inviting us along. Yes seriously, to ride to the game in the ESPN Championship Bus! :cool: Pictures galore all day, sitting in the seat Saban had just been interviewed in that morning not to mention getting to park uh RIGHT AT THE STADIUM. :BigA: We get invited back to visit the bus again this coming Saturday.

We get GREAT seats to the game. The whole final drive and OT thing, and the rest is history. The flight home was great. Hugs and happiness and I'm sure much relief by those of us that are older than teenagers.

I mean if they ask me to flip the coin Saturday at the game I don't know that it could get much better than this past weekend. LOL.

Will you marry me? LOL

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
It's never bad if you are in a big group. Travel in packs of 4 or less and you come to expect the "friendly banter" as they call it. I've never been around a more nasty and mean spirited group of people. Glad you had a great time :)

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Sounds great. Congratulations. The majority of Bama fans have experienced the rougher side of LSU fans. They can be ridiculously profane. But you can bump into sane ones, and hospitable ones.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Sounds great. Congratulations. The majority of Bama fans have experienced the rougher side of LSU fans. They can be ridiculously profane. But you can bump into sane ones, and hospitable ones.
There are some - but unfortunately so many of the "other" that it does become a wrong place-wrong time or right place-right time situation, probably more of the former.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
When I can figure out how..... :)

Hopefully I'll be able to add to the collection this weekend. Invited back to the bus this weekend. RTR!

BTW, just so you all know..... I've flown Alabama on and off for years and have NEVER flown them after a loss. No, never! Just sayin'.... :cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.