No call on LSU pass interference in end zone

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Does anyone have a pic of DeAndrew White being held by LSU player in End Zone?

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
No I have no pic, but the LSU defender with no doubt was holding his hand.
Thats the response to LSU fans who whine about 4th down in OT.

When they hey whine about the PF late in the 4th point out Bama got one in OT on the 1 yard line and still scored.

If the calls were good or bad they were still symmetrical.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
The sports announcer on Fox 10 news in Mobile said the last play of the game was "pass interference all day long." Cyrus Jones is going up for the ball and the LSU receiver has his arm on him. They both have a right to the ball. Washington makes contact a fraction of a second after the ball arrives. There is another play earlier in the game where the LSU player has both hands on the Bama receiver before the ball arrives. The announcer fails to mention the non-calls on LSU.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

When they hey whine about the PF late in the 4th point out Bama got one in OT on the 1 yard line and still scored.

Their answer is that the corrupt officials time the penalties to make sure that LSU loses. I have not had the contact with paranoids that Staci has had, but I have a few. It's impossible to reason them out of their delusions...

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I agree - like someone said in one of the threads Sunday, the refs seemed pretty loose in the secondary. I think you would have had to mug someone or have a handful of jersey to get a PI call Saturday night.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
What a bunch of whiners. The Bama-LSU matchup is what a good rivalry should be, but their fans are such pills. The last play was a desperation heave. And on those, refs are not going to call PI unless it is beyond blatant (Looking at you Notre Dame). Or unless you're Ohio State.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Does anybody remember the pass to DeAndrew White where he cut to the inside but was held up by the LSU DB grabbing his jersey? Sims pass was just out of his reach. I think it was at the end of the first half. That was another example of the refs letting the DBs get physical that cost us.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Even Gary Danielson commented in the 1st quarter how LSU's left tackle held every play. He was mugging our DE and no call. Bad calls and no calls went both ways. I thought both personal fouls against LSU and Bama were jokes. Overall, it seemed to be a poorly officiated game.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I agree it was easy to see, but I don't recall DeAndrew making a big deal about it after the play. I just wonder if he would have snatched his hand from the defender harder or made a big deal after the play if he would have gotten the call.

The one on DeAndrew on the last drive was even easier to see and call. They let them play for sure. The one in the endzone was offensive PI if anything.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
In my view, the refs let a LOT of things go. It was mostly evenly called though. LSU fans whom I know said the same. I think the ones who have complained the most are the ones on that other forum, TD. I believe most of them are not even LSU fans but trolls. It has gotten so ridiculous that I actually feel bad for the good LSU fans who *are* in fact positive about their team but can't express it without some negatiger or troll lambasting them. I'd say the *crap* on TD is 50% negative Tiger fans and 50% trolls. Easily.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Does anybody remember the pass to DeAndrew White where he cut to the inside but was held up by the LSU DB grabbing his jersey? Sims pass was just out of his reach. I think it was at the end of the first half. That was another example of the refs letting the DBs get physical that cost us.
Yep. The V&G crew was saying "bad pass." I told my wife it was nothing of the sort, that it was a timing pattern and White couldn't get to his spot because he was held as he made his cut. That's a difference between Cooper and other good receivers like White. Cooper's cut is so explosive, right after the DB is making 100% effort, just to catch up. BTW, I'm noticing on the MSU boards, the fans are calling Blake a QB who sucks. I hope they keep on believing that. The LSU fans were saying the same. However, when it got down to nut-cutting time, BS6 beat them...

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Yep. The V&G crew was saying "bad pass." I told my wife it was nothing of the sort, that it was a timing pattern and White couldn't get to his spot because he was held as he made his cut. That's a difference between Cooper and other good receivers like White. Cooper's cut is so explosive, right after the DB is making 100% effort, just to catch up. BTW, I'm noticing on the MSU boards, the fans are calling Blake a QB who sucks. I hope they keep on believing that. The LSU fans were saying the same. However, when it got down to nut-cutting time, BS6 beat them...
As the saying goes "They don't ask how, just how many."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.