Question: How Does Joey Galloway Have a Job?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I've listened to some ridiculous "experts" before but seriously, Galloway has to be about the dumbest analyst I have ever heard of in my life. I hope it comes at later for his sake that ESPN has given him a script to be an "ANYBODY but BAMA/SEC team homer" because if it isnt, he shouldn't be employed.

Danny Kannell is a foil so I get his idiocy, but JG seems seriously to believe what he is saying and it is beyond the realm of ridiculous which raises the red flags. Anybody else hearing what he has said lately?

Video is on CFL Xtra http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Soft schedule...:cool:
Hasn't beaten anyone...:rolleyes:
Beating LSU at night in Death Valley is no big deal compared to what TCU has done...:biggrin:
Also knocked the win at Ark...:mad:

On the radio his commentary was even more egregious

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Trust ... he's doing his job. His goal is to get click and notoriety. AND he's doign his best to paint a perception of the conference he played in for interest of the playoff committee. Whats the best way to do it ... cause controversy with the most noted conference and one of the biggest fan bases in football. He could never get the same type of response with any other conference for real. Everyone knows he isnt making any sense for real ... but the more he can get the idea that a Big 10 team should be considered for the playoffs ... then he's accomplishing what he's trying to do. If Bama wins out, his argument will be moot regardless. Matter of fact, if the other conferences win out ... his argument will be moot period. The Big 10 will be the team thats left out this year and for reasons of their own doing.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I have taken the approach this season to never watch any of these college shows on ESPN for this very reason. Galloway and Kannel are both stupid and I don't care about getting riled up by listening to them. Whenever I see a thread about them, I am glad I don't get into them anymore. I feel like you though bamacon, certainly they give them a script to read and to cheer for some other team. For him to say our schedule is soft just makes no sense at all. I guess if Auburn loses to Georgia they will also be considered a weak opponent as well.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
At the end of the 1994 season, there was a lot of "sports board" talk about the wonderful Joey Galloway of Ohio State. On January 2, 1995 at the Citrus Bowl, Coach Stallings and the Tide significantly "dimmed" his spotlight. He may never get over it.:biggrin2:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Here's a point worth noting - if you hadn't posted this here, I'd have no idea he ever said it. I barely even recognize his name.

You get where this is going?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Here's a point worth noting - if you hadn't posted this here, I'd have no idea he ever said it. I barely even recognize his name.

You get where this is going?
Yea. Someone said this in another thread. It seems like all the new TV personalities (Kannel, Galloway, etc) are all trying the Skip Bayless and Paul Finebaum career paths. Just say the most ridiculous things or try to stir up controversy to try and get your own show on ESPN. That worked momentarily for Danny, then his show got cancelled (Unite I think it was) for lack of viewership. I bet know one could have seen that coming lol

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Cecil Hurt showed some picture last week before the corndogs game that showed wins vs. top 25 and SOS but it didn't show what team each belonged to. Guess who had the highest SOS and most Top 25 wins? That's right, Bama! That's why we have to win out, they will do ANYTHING to keep us out of the title game. They don't want to see another Bama national title.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yea. Someone said this in another thread. It seems like all the new TV personalities (Kannel, Galloway, etc) are all trying the Skip Bayless and Paul Finebaum career paths. Just say the most ridiculous things or try to stir up controversy to try and get your own show on ESPN. That worked momentarily for Danny, then his show got cancelled (Unite I think it was) for lack of viewership. I bet know one could have seen that coming lol
Yeah Im kinda tired of bringing this fact up. ESPN should adopt the USA network slogan "characters welcome" and people might not get so angry at what they all say. IDK, but I think Kannell will be irrelevant after winston goes, and Galloway will be irrelevant after the Finebaum natives finally catch on to what he is trying to do like they for the most part have with Danny Kannell. The thing about Finebaum and Bayless is that they can play both the parts of hero and heel very well, and they are aggressive at trying to find dirt on people. Galloway and Kannell are both heels and noone besides SEC and Alabama fans seem to listen to them because if you ask your average non SEC fan what they think of them they really would say "meh ,their ok I guess, dont really follow them" Bottom line if you dont like Galloway and Kannell dont watch them,dont listen to them, and dont write about them because that is fueling the ESPN intrests in keeping them for a little time longer instead of finding new people to torment you about "how overrated Alabama is"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well, those ARE entertainment shows, you know?

And if everyone used logic, it would get boring real quick. I'm convinced somebody emails Skip Bayless his lines from the night before - I've seen that dude take off on a terrible argument that HAD to have been scripted by some producer because Skip AIN'T a stupid guy (he just plays one on TV).

I think that's most of it. And remember this: Joey Galloway doesn't have a vote in the committee or the poll or nothing. He's a sideshow.

Finally - well, our rather chip on its shoulder fanbase helps his cause. Wanna get a reaction? Rip Alabama or the SEC and then watch the blowup.

It happens here on TF on an everyday basis.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I have a different spin entirely. All these self appointed experts seem to always say Bama hasn't played anyone or beaten a decent team. I think the team itself uses it as motivation. If we never seem to crack the top 4 because some flavor of the week team wins a game against Popsicle U team, it makes us have to win our way into the top 4. They can't keep us out if we win the SEC period. You can debate a lot, but winning the SEC is essentially winning the national championship except when the boogs play with their gimmick offense.

Last edited:

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Problem with Kannel and Galloway is they take it personal. They grudgingly give respect when it is due and you can tell it. They are pulling against the SEC and it shows. They are supposed to be professionals.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Having Galloway and Kanell both on this show makes me want to change the channel. So I changed it to the SEC network only to see PF. So I think I will go pick the lent off my winter sweaters or paint my mailbox.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.