Blog: Latest Bama News 11/12/14

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

SEC Headlines 11-12-2014-mrsec

SEC Football

1. How big is the Alabama game for Mississippi State? “I can’t imagine a more important game in their football history.”
2. Matt Hayes: If you have one game to win this season, are you really taking top-ranked and unbeaten Mississippi State? I didn’t think so.
3. Alabama not in the Top 4 in the latest College Football Playoff selection committee’s rankings but Tide still a top choice according to oddsmakers.
4. Kevin Scarbinsky on Alabama’s schedule: “Nobody else outside the SEC has to run into back-to-back brick walls like LSU and Mississippi State.”
5. Alabama team doctors came to the aid of an LSU police officer following Saturday night’s game.
6. Grantland on a three-loss LSU team: “LSU is also one of those programs where, thanks to its lofty floor, this already counts as a down year.”
7. LSU tight end Logan Stokes says he’s received death threats after “pantsing” Alabama linebacker Reggie Ragland.
8. LSU linebacker Kendall Beckwith has a sore hamstring but expected to play against Arkansas.
9. Arkansas hasn’t had the Golden Boot trophy in a while. LSU has won last three in this series.
10. How a change in offensive philosophy helped Texas A&M beat Auburn.
11. The Aggies starting quarterback is Kyle Allen says coach Kevin Sumlin but Kenny Hill is ready if needed this weekend.
12. Sumlin on Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk: “I remember him when he was a kid, coming out of high school, studied Johnny Manziel to death, watched all his film.”
13. Auburn wide receiver D’haquille Williams “unlikely” to play against Georgia – has a sprained MCL and a bruised right knee. Leads Tigers with 38 catches.
14. Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall’s arm strength was apparent even when he played cornerback at Georgia. “He was out there messing around, and he threw the ball – no kidding – 80 yards in the air,”
15. Impossible to talk about Auburn-Georgia this weekend without mentioning “The Play” from last season. The safeties at the center of the play for Georgia were both dismissed in the offseason.
16. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier on returning to Florida this weekend: “This is the fifth time I've been on the opposing sideline, so it's not a big deal anymore."
17. It's always a big show when the Head Ball Coach returns to The Swamp.
18. Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel learning to accept his now-limited role: “That’s what you have to do. There’s no point of looking back or looking into the future.”
19. Tennessee tackle Jacob Gilliam was a redshirt freshman walk-on the last time the Volunteers played in a bowl game. "I'm disappointed to see how those middle three years turned out, but I'm ready to get us back to that feeling and how that was."
20. Kentucky has been outscored 69-13 in the first quarter the last five games.

Extras
25. Louisville coach Bobby Petrino in line to get $500,000 bonus – for academics.
26. Should the NFL be looking at Duke coach David Cutcliffe?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.