The Next Playoff/BCS/CG Incarnation

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
If it must be a playoff, I am all for 8 teams. Not because I think the # 8 team will win, but because it will eliminate the possibility of leaving out a deserving team.

I keep hearing talking heads use the phrase' The BCS got it right'. Well, if they got it right, why change it?
The BCS out #1 v #2, that system got it right. Of course, when the BCS put #1 - LSU and #2 - Alabama, the system had to be changed...

Last edited:

TexasRed

3rd Team
Nov 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I've definitely been disappointed with the decision to use a committee to seed the playoff. That being said, I do find it curious that folks are getting apoplectic about teams possibly not getting into the playoff that wouldn't have even had a shot under the previous system. To be sure, the BCS did do a fair job of ranking the teams, but at the same time it rendered all the other BCS games pretty much meaningless and outside of the Championship created some pretty horrible bowl matchups as well.

For all the selection committee's shortcomings, I highly doubt that the teams who would have been in the top two under the BCS are not going to be in the top 4 of the CFP. So with that being the case, all we're really arguing about are teams that wouldn't have even been in the discussion last year. Take us for instance. At this point in the season, we'd almost certainly be #3 in the BCS behind FSU and MSU. If we win out, there's no way we would not end up in the BCS Championship game or the College Football Playoff. So, even though this selection committee is a bad idea and fraught with real issues, I don't really see it as being any worse than the BCS and in some ways a little bit better because the teams that would have been in under the BCS will certainly be in under this system, but now teams that wouldn't have even been considered under the old system now at least have a shot.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.