Who are you pulling for in Barn v. Ugly?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sorry. Can't pull for the Barn. It was the hardest thing to think that I needed to have Auburn to win against Ole Miss to help us. In the end, I couldn't do it and was pulling for the Rebels.

If Auburn was playing the Russians, I'd be sitting on my couch, sipping vodka and screaming "Let's go, comrades".:cool:

Last edited:

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I'm pretty backwards here, I guess, but I'll be pulling for Georgia to lose (when honestly I would have preferred Ole Miss beat Auburn). This is two-fold. A: I'd prefer Alabama not have to play Georgia, and that's a big thing in my mind because Alabama already has a very tough path. B: If Auburn loses, it means Alabama could give them their fourth loss, meaning the committee could discount that win entirely. It would also erode some of the West's SoS. So, I hope Georgia loses.
YES. I don't want to turn around and play UGA the week after the AU game. Would much rather monkey-slap Mizzou or UF (again) and call it a day. I hate pulling for the Barn but the truth is we needed them to beat Ole Miss and I wanted that too... I'm about BAMA.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Asteroid strike?

Really, I can't see how either one helps us or hurts us, even in recruiting. I agree about *U strength of schedule which I guess the goofball committee might make a determining factor of 1 seed vs. 2 seed, but winning out is all we really need. If UGA wins, I think they really have the inside track for the East, cause Missouri still has three loseable games left.

I certainly never feel bad when the Barners lose, so there's that. And another L might start to get in their heads a little bit -- though when playing us, I'm not sure that matters too much. I do think Gurley might have a career day on them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
UGA. Hate the barn. In fact, I hope Auburn loses on a botched interception Hail Mary on fourth down in the final seconds and UGA fans storm the field.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I don't have an issue with UGA. My feelings towards the barn parallel those of most other members here.
I hope UGA swarms all over the barn and humiliates them on the field. I don't see it happening, but I can wish, can't I?

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Well the only real usefulness the barn would have beating Georgia would be that they would have 9 wins coming into the Iron Bowl and I want see
CNS have a win against a barn team with 9+wins so people will shut up about it.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I think I have completed my community service once I pulled for the Barn to overcome OM...but that is over. Go Dawgs!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am pretty new to the SEC teams other than Alabama, so I tend to be pretty neutral about other SEC teams, but the way that Auburn celebrated their win over Ole Miss in spite of the horrific injury involved disgusted me. Can't pull for this Auburn team.

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
I can say we need to pull for Auburn all I want, and list every logical reason in the book on why we should want Auburn to win, and I can spend all week convincing myself I'm going to pull for them. But I know good and well that the second UGA makes a good play I'll be involuntarily screening for them, or fussing at the TV the second auburn has a good play. I just can't do it. I just. can't. do it. That being said, I don't think we NEED auburn to win for playoff purposes.

However, the boogs have picked up on the little statistic that we haven't beaten an Auburn team with more than 8 wins in a very long time (granted, the chance doesn't come around that often), and now they are claiming we can't beat them when they are good. If Auburn loses to UGA, they'll finish the season with 8 losses if we manage to beat them too. If they can beat Georgia, that'll take away the "we weren't that good anyway" excuse from them, and I'm all for taking all of their excuses away. That way I either don't have to hear them talk, or I can laugh at the beyond ridiculous ones they create on their own.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I'll be pulling for UGA. In fact, I hope Auburn gets humiliated. I usually save my wrath for Tennessee, our true rival, but Auburn's conduct after the Ole Miss game turned my stomach.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Pulling for the dawgs in my heart, but either way it's a win for Bama in my book. Barn wins- helps our SOS. Dawgs win- it crushes the hopes and dreams of the aubs. Win-win...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I dont know why so many people are talking about SOS because all it factors is where we are seeded in the 4 team playoff, and its irrelevant because we are going to have to go through Oregon or AZst in the semi final or championship game most likely anyway so SOS pretty much decides white or crimson jereseys. The only reason anyone should pull for auburn is to play Mizzou or Florida instead of playing UGA at the GEORGIA DOME. If not for that reason I wouldve said to heck with auburn and GO BULLFRAUDS, but as it is a no significant win and no significant loss game for us either way I say let the cards play out and root for the HAWGS next week. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.