Who are you pulling for in Barn v. Ugly?

crtide

1st Team
Jul 19, 2007
Gadsden, AL
Always happy when Barn loses, but is there any particular advantage for us one way or another with respect to who wins this game? Obvious implications for East Division winner (do we want to play Ugly in Atlanta or Mizzou? Florida?) and for Barn's ranking when they play us (does it matter if they are ranked higher when we beat them)?

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
I think right now we need as many quality wins as we can get, and a higher ranked barn is probably a little higher quality win. Don't need to give the committee any excuses.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I think as long as we continue to win, Alabama will be a 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs. With my thinking, I'm pulling or Georgia. The entire east is trash and whoever represents the west will win the SEC.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Personally I rather play Mizzou or Florida if we get to Atlanta, but on the flip side I hope Auburn has nothing to play for and the weight of a night game at bryant Denny takes their soul away completely. but I really dont care either way who wins, but I think the boogs take it 38-35 because Pruitt and Richt will dork it up.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Alabama is capable of beating anyone left on our schedule including any SEC East team we may meet in Atlanta.
with that said, its an easy choice: Georgia. I don't want auburn to have any life or incentive left when we meet in the IB!!!!!

look what happened last year!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm pretty backwards here, I guess, but I'll be pulling for Georgia to lose (when honestly I would have preferred Ole Miss beat Auburn). This is two-fold. A: I'd prefer Alabama not have to play Georgia, and that's a big thing in my mind because Alabama already has a very tough path. B: If Auburn loses, it means Alabama could give them their fourth loss, meaning the committee could discount that win entirely. It would also erode some of the West's SoS. So, I hope Georgia loses.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
All this jockeying and hoping this slug wins or that schmuck loses because it will make us look better is nauseating. We win our games and don't fret over the politics of it.

I want the barn to lose in a blowout. :)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm pretty backwards here, I guess, but I'll be pulling for Georgia to lose (when honestly I would have preferred Ole Miss beat Auburn). This is two-fold. A: I'd prefer Alabama not have to play Georgia, and that's a big thing in my mind because Alabama already has a very tough path. B: If Auburn loses, it means Alabama could give them their fourth loss, meaning the committee could discount that win entirely. It would also erode some of the West's SoS. So, I hope Georgia loses.
Thats pretty much the way Im leaning as well. I think we would beat UGA if we played them but at what cost. Mizzou leads the East now but its kinda hard to see them winning all three of their remaining games on their schedule, but if UGA loses and there is a three way tie between UGA/UF/and Mizzou, UF would go and we would spank them again. But if auburn beats UGA then Im going to be the biggest Hog fan next week because they are playing Ole Miss and if the Hogs win that game then that totally eliminates Auburn.

Last edited:

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
All this jockeying and hoping this slug wins or that schmuck loses because it will make us look better is nauseating. We win our games and don't fret over the politics of it.

I want the barn to lose in a blowout. :)
This x 10. Who cares about the other crap? We win, we're in. We lose, we're out and we should be. The rest is just clutter. The boogs have served their purpose by beating Ole Miss, now I hope Auburn gets D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.