Who are you pulling for in Barn v. Ugly?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I don't like auburn, so I hope the dawgs put about 100 points on 'em.

We don't have to worry about this or that scenario.

Win 'em all and we're in.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Can we instead root for Georgia to beat Auburn and then miraculously get beaten by Georgia Tech and/or Charleston Southern to allow Missouri to slip past them. Problem solved. :)

Seriously though, If we lose any game we're out of contention for the playoffs, so the easier the SECCG the better. But you won't see me upset either way.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
You have remember as well that Mizzou still has 3 conference games left: @TAMU, @Tennessee and home with Arkansas. A loss by UGA doesn't necessarily insure that we would get Mizzou. If they lose 2 of those three, and one of them is Tennessee, and assuming Florida wins versus South Carolina on Saturday, it could wind up with Missouri, Georgia, and Florida in a three way tie at 5-3. The first tie breaker is head to head which would be moot (1-1 for all three). Second tie breaker is record within the division. If Missouri losses to Tennessee then and to either TAMU or Arkansas, their division record would be 4-2 (losses to UGA & UT) Georgia's would be 4-2 (losses to USCe and Florida) and Florida (God forbid) would go at 5-1 with their only division loss being to Missouri. If Missouri to losses both to SECw teams in Arky and TAMU, they would tie Florida for divisional record at 5-1 and would still go based on head to head.

If Florida losses to USCe on Saturday, they are out. If both UGA and Missouri end up at 5-3, UGA would go based on head to head.

Some would say Missouri losing 2 of 3 would be virtually impossible. However, remember this Missouri team lost to Indiana (winless in the Big Ten), and was trounced by Georgia.

Probabilities say it would be Missouri with a UGA loss to the Barn, but not a certainty.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
As I stated I can never pull for the barn even when if it helps us,and I get the whole playing Missouri thing. But in all honesty I would rather see the dawgs in the sec title game if we get in, after all it is championship game and I think they are the best in the east. I want to see us beat the best and if we continue on into the playoffs I want the best there as well. So all that being said Go Dawgs.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I don't see either scenario helps us any more than other, unless you are scared of playing Georgia. If AU wins, they are still going to be a top 10 team when we face them. If UGA beats AU, they will likely be a top 10 team.

As CB4 said, Missouri winning out isn't a lock, even if AU beats UGA. I honestly think they will lose a couple of more games, because they're schedule is back loaded, and they aren't really that good. If Missouri does lose 2 more, it would better for us to face a Top 10 UGA in the SECCG instead of a Top 20 UGA, if we are going to play them anyway.

With all that said, AU losing 4 games is going to make the boogs get a little restless. They lose a ton of players to "graduation" this year, so I'd prefer to see them lose a little of the momentum they have going now. I wouldn't mind seeing them crash back down to earth a little bit, so um, Go Dawgs!

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I won't say I'm pulling for the barn, but I'd rather Bama face Mizzou than UGA in the SECCG (provided we get there). We don't need the strength of schedule either way, but I'd prefer the easiest path to #16. As much as I can't stand the barn, I'm not above using them as a tool for Bama.

Bamabus Collins

Suspended
Jan 7, 2008
Definitely agree. Hang another loss on aubarn to get them totally out of the picture. Knowing we have to get by State first, I don't want aubarn coming into their game against us with any chance of winning the west and backing into the SECCG. See '10 and '13 as reminders of why. Have no problem with UGA winning if it brings the barners back down to earth and shuts them up for a while.

I don't see either scenario helps us any more than other, unless you are scared of playing Georgia. If AU wins, they are still going to be a top 10 team when we face them. If UGA beats AU, they will likely be a top 10 team.

As CB4 said, Missouri winning out isn't a lock, even if AU beats UGA. I honestly think they will lose a couple of more games, because they're schedule is back loaded, and they aren't really that good. If Missouri does lose 2 more, it would better for us to face a Top 10 UGA in the SECCG instead of a Top 20 UGA, if we are going to play them anyway.

With all that said, AU losing 4 games is going to make the boogs get a little restless. They lose a ton of players to "graduation" this year, so I'd prefer to see them lose a little of the momentum they have going now. I wouldn't mind seeing them crash back down to earth a little bit, so um, Go Dawgs!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Got to pull for that other Alabama college. API to beat GA. Helps us down the road...
Get ready for a week of 'but CMR is such a good man'... (I can't stand it)
He's a coach, not a Pastor...
Just remember he's supposed to win big games for Ga.
Ga. hasn't turned into an elite team under Mr. Good Guy.
(We used to have a MR. GOOD GUY restaurant in Gadsden. They didn't get the job done, and went out of business)
I will say that CMR is a solid 9 win type coach...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
All I'm saying is this...
If we win the SEC Championship, we're in.
We have to play Auburn, no matter what, and it's going to be a tough game, no matter what.
I think we have a better chance to beat Mississippi State, Auburn, and Missouri, than we have of beating State, Auburn, and Georgia.
Therefore, I'd like to see Georgia out of the picture.
In order for that to happen, Auburn has to beat them.
That's all.
sip
P.S.--Ideally, Georgia would beat Auburn and Mizzou would win out, but I'm not sure Missouri is going to do that.
Also--Because we do now have an SEC Championship game, I wish the Auburn game was earlier in the season. It's tough to beat your biggest rival one week, and then turn around and have to play the SEC Championship game the next. I think that puts us at a big disadvantage.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
All I'm saying is this...
If we win the SEC Championship, we're in.
We have to play Auburn, no matter what, and it's going to be a tough game, no matter what.
I think we have a better chance to beat Mississippi State, Auburn, and Missouri, than we have of beating State, Auburn, and Georgia.
Therefore, I'd like to see Georgia out of the picture.
In order for that to happen, Auburn has to beat them.
That's all.
sip
P.S.--Ideally, Georgia would beat Auburn and Mizzou would win out, but I'm not sure Missouri is going to do that.
After the gauntlet we will have run, Show Me a lesser team in Atlanta. If that means not pulling against AU, so be it.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
After the gauntlet we will have run, Show Me a lesser team in Atlanta. If that means not pulling against AU, so be it.
That's it. Some are wishing for an almost impossible run to close out the season.
I'd like to see our guys get a little bit of a break.
Now, that being said, if we beat State, Auburn beats Georgia and us, and Ole Miss beats State, well, that's a four way tie, and Auburn would win the tie breaker, so that has to be a consideration as well. So, as of this morning, I'm now leaning towards pulling for Georgia lol...
Call me Skip "The Flip" Bayless :)

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
All I know is that it has been very peaceful around the workplace. I work with an exceptional amount of Aubs(engineers) and it sure has been quiet around here, and I would like for that to continue, so, pulling for the Lady Ga Ga's.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Gotta pull for the barn. SOS could play into this thing and if possible they will keep Bama out of the playoff. If Dak Prescott is in a boot pre game time and we beat them by one point, we could fall out of the top six.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.