I'm glad we're outside looking in

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
So, the fabulous CFB Playoff committee decided to jump fabulous Oregon over us into the #2 spot and TCU to #4 in the CFB Playoff rankings. While they leave us sitting at #5 looking in. While I was still trying to see the logic the morons were using, I started thinking. I thought, I'm kinda glad they leapfrogged us. Because, while I know CNS doesn't care about the rankings, these kids have got to see and know about them. And, all the while be thinking they were disrespected. And, I can't think of a better motivator than a ticked off Bama team with a chip on their shoulder. So I'm kinda glad the committee did what they did. I think it will fire up our boys. But, with all the talent we have on this team, can you imagine them playing with a chip on their shoulder with something to prove?... Because, if we play the way I know we can play......with an attitude...Just imagine....oh wow!... Win guys,...just WIN!!...;)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
We are ticked off because of being disrespected in this week's CFB Playoff Committee decision!

Mittittippi Tate is ticked off because they are RANKED #1 and are the underbulldogs to the Crimson Tide!

Okay! Who is ticked off the most. Please stand up!

I hope that it's the Bama players! We need Bama to do what it did to aTm! If the players were as ticked off as I am, that would happen!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Incentive to play harder. I don't want a complacent team that believes we have it made, we're in the playoffs.
I'd rather Alabama be hungry and play with a chip on our shoulder.
Play like we've got something to prove.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Here's the one question I have.....If Alabama beats number one, who do we jump? Do they just move us up to the newly vacated #4 spot, or do we actually jump teams? If Oregon got to jump, miss state got to jump, and tcu got to jump. No one has beaten a top 5 team, let alone the #1 team.....so what happens if Bama wins?

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Here's the one question I have.....If Alabama beats number one, who do we jump? Do they just move us up to the newly vacated #4 spot, or do we actually jump teams? If Oregon got to jump, miss state got to jump, and tcu got to jump. No one has beaten a top 5 team, let alone the #1 team.....so what happens if Bama wins?
This....

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Who cares. We just need to win out and we'll be in.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Well, seeing how this committee works, they may move MSU to #4 and leave us at #5, since head to head means nothing. They may think MSU's jerseys look sliiiiighty better than ours. Just ask Baylor how that works.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Leaving us out of the top four while having State #1 is part of the media bias, led by ESPN. You see, this gives both SEC teams the motivation to play harder.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
with the way that the committee has been doing things so far. I say Oregon goes to #1, TCU will get the boost to go to #2 FSU will stay put at #3 and maybe Arizona State moves to #4.

TLIT

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2011
Central VA
It just doesn't matter. We lost the ability to complain about our ranking when we lost. College football has always been arbitrary--there's simply no conceivable way to "settle it on the field" (too many teams, not enough games), so every system we use will be necessarily flawed.

The only way to avoid these kinds of perceived injustices is to 1) play in a major conference, and 2) not lose.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I don't have a problem with TCU jumping ahead of us. We have the same record and they beat the #7 team convincingly while we had to go to OT to beat the #25 team. But it will be interesting to see what happens when we beat MSU. I would not be surprised to see everyone move up with us sitting at #4. A lot will depend on how the game goes. If we absolutely destroy the bulldogs the we may jump to the top spot. If we win in a close game, with some sloppy play and lots of mistakes, we'll move up to #4.

It will also be interesting to see where MSU lands with only 1 loss to a top 5 team. Again, I think that depends on how the game goes and if they play well or not.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

IMHO if we beat State and everyone else wins their game then Oregon/FSU will be 1/2, Bama at #3, TCU at #4 with State at 5 or 6. TCU jumped us because we had no signature win and they had just beaten KState. We will, in turn, jump them with our signature win. If--if,if,if,if-Alabama and the other top 4 win out I think you'll see by season's end:

1.Oregon
2.Bama
3.FSU
4.TCU

This aligns geographically and represents 3 power 5 conference champs. The 1 non conference champion (TCU) will be rewarded for their body of work over Baylor's head to head victory. This will also serve notice to the BIGXII--If your not going to have a conference championship game then we may not respect who you determine your champion to be. IE, the best team may not be conference champion.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Check those rankings and I believe you will find that *u beat #4 Ole Miss and atm beat #3 *u.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Just win out
Play with a chip on their shoulder
Being disrespected
Win out and it will take care of itself.

How many times has this been said in every thread and how many more times will it be said. Surely we can come up with some new clichés. :confused:

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
If Alabama wins out, Alabama will be ranked #1 or #2, depending on what happens to the other teams... especially Miss. State. If Miss. State finishes the season 11-1 and either FSU, Oregon, or TCU have a misstep, Miss. State could still make the top 4.

If Miss. State ends up #4, Alabama will be #1. If Miss. State ends up #3, Alabama will be #2.

Simple.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.