Woman has spent $35K looking for her lost dog

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well said, sir.

They are not called "Man's Best Friend" for nothing you know....that lady has her priorities in order, IMHO.

YMMV as always.....

Yep, they are man's best friend and they are valuable companions offering protection, consolation, assistance and exercise partner to go running, walking. Dogs do a lot of great things for us and I hate to see dogs abused or mistreated. We love our Boxer and he's a member of our family. Having said that, I'm not sure I'd spend 3K looking for him, much less 35K. I would notify the city, county pounds, ASPCA and Boxer rescue if he ran away and we'd look for him, but what she has done is obsessive.

On another note cats are evil. ;) No, I mean that, cats really are evil. :biggrin2:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes they are 92.

Both girls.

Winkipop on the left in red and Billabong on the right - in fashionable purple.

They were about 3 when the photo was taken are about 9 now and still very healthy - knock on wood.
great. I've always loved heelers, and maybe one day will get one. i am on my third border collie mix now, and the third one is an anomaly, she's a lazy border collie.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
great. I've always loved heelers, and maybe one day will get one. i am on my third border collie mix now, and the third one is an anomaly, she's a lazy border collie.
Cool....Border Collies are fantastic too - I just happen to be partial to Heelers.

As for being lazy......I'm so glad mine do not partake in that type of behaviour.... ;)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Cool....Border Collies are fantastic too - I just happen to be partial to Heelers.

As for being lazy......I'm so glad mine do not partake in that type of behaviour.... ;)

all three of mine have been rescues. the first one could run forever, but cancer got him at 7, the second one wasn't much of a runner and died suddenly at 2 (pancreatitis), the third basically chases squirrels and follows my daughter around looking for crumbs. shes had much better luck healthwise.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We don't currently have a dog (problem yard), but we acquired, really "got acquired" by a cute little female calico cat about 18 months ago. We decided to start feeding her, after she hung around for a couple of weeks and took her to get her shots and found she was already spayed. After another week or so, we had gone to church on Sunday and I couldn't remember if I'd checked the mailbox the day before. When I looked in, there was a flyer, laminated in plastic, and there was no doubt it was the same cat. We called the owner and came to visit. She saw that Gracie liked where she was so much, she gave her to us. (It was obvious that the cat did not like her.) It turned out that the cat had migrated from a farm outside Madison across Huntsville and up Monte Sano - a distance of about 17 miles or so. It was also apparent that she was coming home. In fact, it was plain that she was descended from our big Maine Coon, which has since died. They shared an uncommon black marking behind their left back knees and she's part Maine Coon. The woman had been looking for her for about two months, going all over Huntsville and leaving the flyers. Since we're at the dead end of a street and the house is set back from the street in the middle of 3 acres, she almost didn't leave us a flyer. I don't think she spent $35K, but those plastic flyers weren't cheap and she'd left them all over town...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
We don't currently have a dog (problem yard), but we acquired, really "got acquired" by a cute little female calico cat about 18 months ago. We decided to start feeding her, after she hung around for a couple of weeks and took her to get her shots and found she was already spayed. After another week or so, we had gone to church on Sunday and I couldn't remember if I'd checked the mailbox the day before. When I looked in, there was a flyer, laminated in plastic, and there was no doubt it was the same cat. We called the owner and came to visit. She saw that Gracie liked where she was so much, she gave her to us. (It was obvious that the cat did not like her.) It turned out that the cat had migrated from a farm outside Madison across Huntsville and up Monte Sano - a distance of about 17 miles or so. It was also apparent that she was coming home. In fact, it was plain that she was descended from our big Maine Coon, which has since died. They shared an uncommon black marking behind their left back knees and she's part Maine Coon. The woman had been looking for her for about two months, going all over Huntsville and leaving the flyers. Since we're at the dead end of a street and the house is set back from the street in the middle of 3 acres, she almost didn't leave us a flyer. I don't think she spent $35K, but those plastic flyers weren't cheap and she'd left them all over town...
If I spent that kind of jack looking for the cat, I'm taking her home. LOL!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
all three of mine have been rescues. the first one could run forever, but cancer got him at 7, the second one wasn't much of a runner and died suddenly at 2 (pancreatitis), the third basically chases squirrels and follows my daughter around looking for crumbs. shes had much better luck healthwise.
We'll go to the Houston Boxer rescue next go around.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If I spent that kind of jack looking for the cat, I'm taking her home. LOL!
My wife and I figured that guilt played a part. The lady had acquired another cat and the two didn't get along. She made a choice and turned the one which adopted us into a barn cat. To steal a part of a quote, the life of a barn cat is "short and brutish." She claimed that ours had damaged furniture and that was the reason for turning her out. In the period we've had her, she's damaged nothing. She's an indoor/outdoor cat, as all of ours have been. On a day like today, 31 and blustery, she'll spend the entire day indoors, doing what cats do best - sleeping... :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OK, here's a real pic of her. 99% of calico cats are female, because that coloration is tied to the X chromosome. The odd male is always sterile and frequently has other problems as well...IMG_1192.JPG

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just ran across this video of a Red Heeler in Wyoming named *Sheila doing her thing - nipping cow "heels" - hence the name "Heeler".....(but also known as the Australian Cattledog)

* no doubt paying homage to Aussie slang for a female :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.