Woman has spent $35K looking for her lost dog

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
She could go to the animal shelter and get another one. $35K would but a lot of dog food and an awesome dog house.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
When I moved into my present house I had a long haired Golden Retriever that I had rescued from where his previous owner had abandoned him several years earlier. By what his previous owner told me, he was almost 10 years old when I got him. He loved to chase deer and had done so on many occasions at our previous home. When we moved here I confined him for a short time to get him used to the area. I walked him around the area several times a week so that he could get used to his new home. A few weeks later I left in the morning going to work and when I returned he was gone and never returned. I frequently called out for him and on occasion drove around the area looking for him. But to spend that kind of money looking for him? I don't think so.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I have a soft spot in my heart for doggies. I really feel for the woman, there is nothing worse than that sickening feeling that your doggy is lost, probably cold and scared. Stumbling around looking for you, wondering why you won't come rescue him/her. :frown: :frown:I made myself sad.

I hope she finds the dogeh. If I had the money to blow, I'd never give up and stop at no expense to see that my best friend makes their way back home.

Protip: this actually works. Make good sized lost dog posters, and staple the poster to a couple wooden stakes into the ground. Grab something of theirs like a rope toy or stuffed animal, and take a couple of your socks that you wore that day and secure the items to the poster stakes and insert signs with your items in a few different areas where you last saw the dog, or where you think it ran off too. You should receive a phone call or two because the dog will hang around the items. A dogs sense of smell is incredibly powerful and the dog WILL recognize your scent. Can confirm this works, I've done it twice with Two different dogs and separate years apart

Last edited:

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
My parents dog had to be put to sleep last Monday. He had been chased by a deer, hit by a car, shot once, and fell into a freezing lake two Saturdays ago. I thought 14 years is a good life. My mom sent me this pic today as Jack returned home. LOL... my 10 yr old daughter asked if we could go see him! RIP Jack

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I guess I'm just not as sensitive as some in regards to the dog. It's a dog. I've had several boxers and yes, I like them too, but outside of calling the pound and various animal shelters, I'm not going to spend my last cent or all my free time (a year out no less) looking for a dog. Life goes on.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I guess I'm just not as sensitive as some in regards to the dog. It's a dog. I've had several boxers and yes, I like them too, but outside of calling the pound and various animal shelters, I'm not going to spend my last cent or all my free time (a year out no less) looking for a dog. Life goes on.
That might not be a popular sentiment, but I agree. I love my dog and I'd make reasonable attempts to find him, but there is a limit. It is not a child.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
My "Bama" brother decided, when he got back from Nam, to start his own business manufacturing vitamin supplements for pets/animals. He had foresight, because I would never have thought people would spend that kind of money on pets, not back in the late 60's - early 70's. It was California, but still....I had no clue. He did.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
On my community Facebook page, there is a woman who posts every couple months about her lost dog. It has been gone well over a year and is offering a large reward, I think it is around $2,000.

Anyway, whenever she posts this, she has a bunch of people say, "I hope you find him" or "I think I saw him the other day" and stuff like that.

I want to post "Give it up, lady, the pooch is dead".

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Different people place value on different things. To many, a family pet is as much part of the family as their human masters. I know quite a few people who's spent thousands of dollars training their hunting dogs. Others view pets as simple animals who hang around, that's fine so long as you provide them adequate care.

The woman is not spending my or your money, she's spending hers on something she places incredible worth on. It's her decision to make. I hope this story has a happy ending.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Different people place value on different things. To many, a family pet is as much part of the family as their human masters. I know quite a few people who's spent thousands of dollars training their hunting dogs. Others view pets as simple animals who hang around, that's fine so long as you provide them adequate care.

The woman is not spending my or your money, she's spending hers on something she places incredible worth on. It's her decision to make. I hope this story has a happy ending.
Maybe the dog crossed the country and fought mountain lions and befriended bears along the way.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Well said, sir.

They are not called "Man's Best Friend" for nothing you know....that lady has her priorities in order, IMHO.

YMMV as always.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.