Who's the QB next year?

HSV256

1st Team
Sep 7, 2006
Huntsville, AlaBAMA
I know we're all about 1 game/season at time, but I'm very curious about this.

The assumption is Coker, but I'm in the camp that says Coker would've won it this year if he's capable of winning it. Plus, the fact that Coker's gotten beat out by Winston and then Sims tells me he may be lacking *something* required to start in the SEC.

Will Cornwell be ready? What about Bateman or Barnett?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that Sims proved that conjecture can be entertaining for the fans, but reality can differ greatly from perception once the players get on the field.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I know we're all about 1 game/season at time, but I'm very curious about this.

The assumption is Coker, but I'm in the camp that says Coker would've won it this year if he's capable of winning it. Plus, the fact that Coker's gotten beat out by Winston and then Sims tells me he may be lacking *something* required to start in the SEC.

Will Cornwell be ready? What about Bateman or Barnett?
That doesn't mean anything.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm hoping who the QB is next year won't matter as much. Meaning I hope we get back to smash mouth power running between the tackle and a dominant defense. Hopefully next year we can dictate when we want to throw instead of throwing because we have to..

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Kenyan Drake -- Hell, CLK took a Running Back and turned him into the 2nd highest rated QB in the country -- that's freaking amazing.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I don't think there's any way to even speculate at this point. Injuries could play a factor, transfers, etc. Also, consider how this year Sims was an afterthought until fall practice for the most part. I think we'll at least have to get through the spring before we can really even discuss it.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
My mind is focused on dispatching the Bulldogs, getting to the SECCG with an 11-1 record, making it into 4 team playoff and bringing home #16. I will focus on next years QB after these things have been accomplished.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Meh. Helps pass time till the business of Saturday gets here. I think Coker will have a much better grasp of the offense by the end of the Spring. I think Morris is 3rd right now, but Coach sounded pretty high on Bateman as scout team QB this season. Should make for interesting discussion over the winter/early spring.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
There will be lots of competition for the job next year. Coker may or may not be among the competitors, but you can bet that there will be plenty. Which is why we'll still be discussing it at next year's A-Day game..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Obviously Coker would be considered the front runner, because he earned the current back up position, and has done a very good job when he's had a chance to play.
The drive he led for a TD against Florida, following Blake's injury, was the game changer in my opinion, so he's shown he has "the stuff".
That's my contribution.
I now return to my regularly scheduled programming, which is focusing on the two quarterbacks that matter the most right now, and that's Blake and Dak.
Next year is about 107 years away as far as I'm concerned. Let's just beat MSU.
sip

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Coker or Cornwall would be my bet. Leaning Coker more tho because it would give Cornwall and Barnett more time in the system. That's as far as I'll go because we need to beat the bullfrauds this week

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.