Link: Story on Andrew Zow and his time at Bama

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I am going to reluctantly click the link. It IS a bleacher report article, but it sounds like it's not one of the articles where some "expert"
gives us their opinion, like how Kenyan Drake is still shoring up the Bama backfield.

Seriously, thanks for the link.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I broke my hand over a Zow play. Boxer's fracture. I now have only 3 knuckles on my right hand. Learned a lot about life that day.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I always liked Zow. There's 2 sides (at least) to every story but some of that was disheartening to read. I wish we had had our stuff together more as a program when he played. I'm glad to see he and his family are doing well and still connected to the University.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He's not going to lean on it, because it's just not him, but he had a significant shoulder injury his last couple of seasons, which damaged his short passes. He threw a lot of them high. Dubose didn't like him and he was afraid that, if he ever hit the bench, that'd be where he stayed. When Fran came in, it was game over, since he wasn't the type of QB Fran wanted. I always liked him. Through a contact in his hometown, I knew more about him than any of the players, except the ones from the HSV area...

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
I loved Zow when he was our QB. Will never forget the Auburn game in 2001. Have gotten his autograph before and he is a quiet, classy guy. So glad to hear that he's coaching and doing well. Roll Tide, Andrew!

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The very 1st pass against LSU I saw him throw almost went for a long TD. He had a great arm . Dubose fired Bruce Arians who was twice the coach "DuBose" was.

What may have been if the coaching staff had been cohesive,

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The very 1st pass against LSU I saw him throw almost went for a long TD. He had a great arm . Dubose fired Bruce Arians who was twice the coach "DuBose" was.

What may have been if the coaching staff had been cohesive,
A friend of mine who attended a few practices because he had former students of his playing said that they were a farce. He said there was very little coaching going on, partially because most of the coaches were continually on their cell phones...

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I remember those days. Zow was a good QB, but I think he got a raw deal from DuBose. It was unbelievable the level of dysfunction that was on our staff at that time.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
IF Zow had landed at right program with right coaching....

Dubose and Fran... just wow... I would love to hear their side of story about their experience at Alabama...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Bleacher Report or not, that's a very interesting read. I have always been a big fan of Zow and am glad he's is succeeding in life.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I remember Zow coming in against Florida and almost connecting on a pass that would have won the game when he was a freshman. I hate hearing some of the bone head decisions that were made during his playing days.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Zow was always a favorite. I was working at the Hibbet's in University Mall when I was in school and Zow came in. I got him to autograph a mini helmet and I shook his hand. His hand swallowed mine.

I also remember a couple of awesome play-action passes he had to Alexander where he would hide the ball behind his back with a defender in his face.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.